Veterinary Surgeon Required At Castle Vets Pet Healthcare Centre
4 months ago
We will offer up to £68,000 DOE
Castle Vets Pet Healthcare Centre
Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom
We are currently fully staffed for vets but are looking to expand our team.
The right person is most important so we will happily discuss Full-time, part-time, or flexible working hours. Consult-only or consult and operating vets.
No sole charge – there is a minimum of 3 vets working each day, with at least 2 vets operating (2 separate theatres, plus separate dental and imaging suites). We have a large, experienced team who support each other sharing case knowledge and advice daily.
CPD – we believe in developing your individual interests. We have a certificate holder in ophthalmology and a vet currently undertaking a diagnostic imaging certificate. We will support certificates or CPD schedules and work with you to achieve what you would like to do.
No OOH/bank holidays– we are a VetsNow host practice so are lucky to be able to keep our inpatients on site, with dedicated care. This enables further skills sharing between the team.
We are passionate about work-life balance and have a clinical services manager who focuses on our team wellbeing. Full-time work is normally split over 4 days with a rotating weekday off to create regular 4-day weekends. Shift patterns cover varying portions of our opening hours: 8-7pm. Plus Saturdays 8:30-1pm.
We will offer up to £68,000 DOE (F/T 40 hours) plus a generous relocation allowance if required.
We are a thriving, large practice in the centre of Reading working towards hospital status and ISFM gold standard.
• Purpose-built building - separate dog and cat waiting rooms, kennels, prep areas and separate theatres
• On-site CT
• Video endoscopy
• Digital x-ray
• Dedicated Dental suite with new dental x-ray
• Colour doppler flow ultrasound
• Separate exotics ward.
• Oxygen kennels
• Slit lamp bio-microscope and Tonometer
• Dedicated 'farewell' rooms
• Large on-site carpark for staff and clients
• Lunch area and separate Staff mindfulness room – with a do-not-disturb policy
We value high clinical standards within first opinion care and have a large client base of established loyal clients. Having the CT scanner enables us to keep more complex cases in house.
Castle vets has a great team culture and a strong knowledge sharing environment. We prioritise high standards of care for both our patients and our staff. 1/3 of our staff have been with us for over 14 years but we also take on new ideas.
• 8 Veterinary Surgeons – 2 certificate holders, totalling 44 years of vet experience.
• Visiting orthopaedic and soft tissue specialist weekly.
• Team of 14 Veterinary nurses – over 200 years of experience!
• Nurse training practice.
• Dedicated auxiliary teams – pharmacy and lab technician, experienced receptionists, and a dedicated insurance team. Clinical services manager and dedicated wellness budget for monthly wellbeing activities.
Flexible appointment length based on case requirements.
We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon who is competent in day-to-day procedures but also looking to develop and further their learning with the support we can offer. We are happy with consult only or consult and operating mix.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please use BH6666 as a reference when applying for this role.
Address: 1 Tilehurst Road, Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom