Veterinary Surgeon Required At Darley House Vets, Bolton
2 months ago
up to £65,000 depending on experience
Darley House Veterinary Centre
Farnworth, Bolton, United Kingdom
Here at Darley House we have a fantastic opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our wonderful team. We value a pleasant working environment as much as clinical expertise.
What’s on offer?
- A salary of up to £65,000 depending on experience.
- Up to £5000 relocation support, as well as a welcome bonus of up to £3000 (pro rata).
- The chance to work for a practice that prides itself on maintaining welfare of all of it’s staff.
- A varied and rewarding caseload!
- We’re open to full and part time applications.
- A full time role requires a 4 day week.
- No out of hours or Sundays required.
- 1 in 3 Saturday mornings (finishing at midday).
- You’ll be working along side a RVN at all times when on shift.
Here at Darley House Vets our reputation is as a friendly and competent practice that has been in Farnworth for 70 years. We have many longstanding clients (and team members). We emphasis a pleasant working environment for both employees and clients . We have good facilities including an in house lab, a very good ultrasound machine with colour doppler , digital radiography etc. We are currently a team of 3 vets but are expanding to 4. We have 5 RVNs and a dedicated receptionist team. We have no specialists but there are many locally and we refer cases when appropriate. Many of our staff have been with us for many years. You’ll have access to a dedicated mental health first aider, as well as an Wellbeing champion at all times. We’re a very social bunch! There’s always something going on outside of work. We’re due to go bowling next week. Also we have to mention our yearly Christmas party/meal, it’s quite the spectacle!
Don’t just take our word for it, here’s what the team have to say about life at Darley House:
“The fantastic care my pets received at Darley House when I was a client inspired me to apply for a job when a position became available. That was over 17 years ago and I have loved every moment of working here alongside an amazing team of vets, nurses, receptionists, our practice manager and the wonderful Norma who keeps us all going with her cups of tea and coffee. We may be a small practice but that is what gives Darley House its special feel. We have great clients, some who have been coming for over 40 years and they have recommended us to their family and friends. We also have many people wanting to join our practice because of the reputation we have built over the years.” – Andrea Orrell, Head Receptionist.
“ I’ve been one of the RVN’s at Darley House Vets for just over 2 years now and it is a pleasure every day coming to work. There is never a dull day at Darley House as all the staff that work here are friendly, bubbly and very easy to get along with. We all work really hard at Darley House but we also love to have a laugh and a good chinwag!
I strongly believe we all work perfectly as a team here and we all would love to welcome a Vet and Clinical Director to come and join the Darley House family! P.S. If you love cheese or you’re a foodie like most of us you’ll fit in perfectly.” – Emily Haase, RVN.
We are looking for someone who will continue making the practice a pleasant working environment and this is just as important to us as clinical skills. If a new vet develops a particular interest that would be encouraged, and we would support specialised CPD but there is no pressure to specialise.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave inc bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process. Please quote BH7736 when you apply.
Address: Farnworth, Bolton, United Kingdom