Veterinary Surgeon Required At Dr Doolittle's, Whitchurch
The salary will be up to £65,000 DOE
Cardiff, Cardiff, United Kingdom
We are currently looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team in Cardiff. We are fortunate enough to be able to offer a mix of rota option depending on your personal requirements including full time, part time, flexitime, rotas to work around school hours and a term time only rota, meaning you have the security knowing you have childcare throughout the school year.
Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale on your work life balance. We know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and we want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you are looking to fix or flex your work patterns, we can find the right solution for you. The full-time role would be 40 hours a week with 1:5 Saturday shifts at Newport and no out of hourd as this is covered by VetsNow.
The salary will be up to £65,000 DOE + £5,000 relocation assistance package + benefits including Private Health Cover.
Our Doctor Doolittle's branch is in the lovely town of Cardiff and is part of a group of 8 small animal branches across South Wales. Our practice is close to local amenities, train station, bus stations and the city centres of Cardiff and Newport.
Our branch is fully equipped and includes an in-house lab, x-ray, ultrasound, dental x-ray. We have 3 large spacious consulting rooms, a lovely light and spacious reception waiting area and an onsite car park.
Our team consists of a Veterinary Surgeon, a Clinical Director, 2 experienced Registered Veterinary Nurses, a Student Veterinary Nurse, 2 Veterinary Nursing Assistants and 3 full time Veterinary Receptionists.
We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon with experience, who can confidently work through a list of consultations and surgical procedures. In addition to excellent clinical and communication skills, you will need to be a people-oriented person, who is willing to support your colleagues.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Relocation allowance up to £5000
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH8696 when applying for this role.
Address: 111 Whitchurch Road, Cardiff, Cardiff, United Kingdom