Veterinary Surgeon Required For Maternity Cover At Heath Vets In Rhiwbina, Cardiff
1 year ago
up to £70,000 depending on experience
Rhiwbina, Cardiff, United Kingdom
We are looking for two passionate Veterinary Surgeons to join us at Heath Vets, Rhiwbina! Yes, we have two roles available! Both roles will involve some sole charge at our smaller branches in addition to consulting and routine surgery at the main branch. We enjoy case continuity and actively encourage vets to work their own cases up. We have a knowledgeable team who are always happy to advise and support.
We are ideally full time vets on a permanent basis. We have 15 min consults and don’t ever consult for more than 2 hrs in one go. There is time and space in the day to read up cases and call clients, so we don’t leave at the end of a day with a long to do list! Due to the sole charge, we are looking for some experience in consulting, the role will also include some surgery time, but this can be altered if you prefer the medical aspect. We have good facilities and try to do as much in house as we can.
Our working day is 9am-7pm with a lunchbreak in the middle. We use a dedicated emergency service so we don’t do nights or weekends, (other than rota’s Saturday mornings 9am-1pm) Our f/t vets work a 4-day week and always get the same day off each week so a good work-life balance can be achieved.
The salary is up to £70,000 depending on experience
We are an established 3 branch 1st opinion practice based in Cardiff, we are well equipped with in house lab, digital x-ray, K laser, u/s scanner, Laparoscopic and endoscopic equipment, and dental x-ray. We try to do as much in house as we can and allow our vets full clinical freedom. We run a 6 vet, 6 nurse team alongside our support staff. Our vets have years of experience so there is good support both surgically and medically - all of us are willing to help one another and discuss cases.
The ability to work sole charge is a must as well as being confident doing routine consults. Driving license is essential to travel between branches.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Relocation allowance up to £5000
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH3651 when applying for this role.
Tel: 07890 610129
Address: 123-5, Heol-y-Deri, Rhiwbina, Cardiff, United Kingdom