Referral Hospital Out Of Hours Vet Job, Durham J161392
4 months ago
£8000.00 - £60000.00 per Annum
Incredible opportunity for an OOH vet to join an award-winning specialist small animal referral hospital just outside of Durham. Industry leading, state of the art facilities and a highly competitive package on offer!
This is an excellent opportunity for an OOH vet to join an award-winning, specialist small animal referral hospital with an outstanding reputation across the region.
The purpose-built hospital has first-class, referral-standard facilities including in-house MRI and CT, digital radiography, digital fluoroscopy, ventilators, oxygen kennels. There are dedicated OOH consult rooms and ICU, all of which are extremely well-equipped, spacious and well-lit.
In total, there are well over 100 members of staff with specialists in a wide range of disciplines. The nursing team practice at the highest level, and there would always be at least five RVNs working each night shift.
Staff wellbeing and retention is a big priority for this practice, and all members of staff are well looked after.
- This is a hybrid role where you will have responsibilities to continue treatment plans overnight for referral patients with on call support from the team of specialist vets, along with OOH primary care level emergency cover. The hospital provides an emergency service to around 30 local primary care practices.
- The shift pattern is 4 on 4 off, 4 on 6 off, 4 on 6 off, on a four week rolling rota averaging 39 hours and 3 shifts per week.
On any shift you will have at least five high-level RVNs alongside you, plus a PCA and student.
Package and Benefits
- Salary between £60,000 - £80,000 DOE
- 6.6 weeks of holiday
- CPD allowance of 6% of salary plus 2 weeks leave
- Professional fees paid for
- Private healthcare
- 5% pension contribution
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- You should be comfortable admitting a referral case and speaking to the relevant medic/surgeon on call. You will need to follow treatment plans for inpatients with support from on call specialists, and be able to provide care and treatment to emergency patients coming in.
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.
Tel: 01423 813453
Address: Durham, England