Lead Veterinary Surgeon | Colchester | JT-25077
2 weeks ago
Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom
We are seeking a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join our client’s team at a small animal practice in Colchester, Essex.
As a Lead Vet, you will be responsible for directing the practice and its staff in providing the very best care to clients and their pets. You’ll also have an engaged interest in the running of the practice and be rewarded for its success.
This post has tremendous potential and lends itself to the area of interest of the selected candidates, with the ability to influence clinical direction. Ideal for someone who is driven and willing to lead a welcoming team and help the practice grow.
- Full-time permanent position
- Total Working Hours – 40 Hours per week
Salary and Benefits
- Full time salary package up to £72,000 per annum depending on experience to include:
- 5 weeks' annual leave plus bank holidays
- 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- Certificate funding
- Fair share of bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays
- Pension, group life assurance, group income protection, family-friendly leave
- 25 days holiday
Skills and Experience
We’re looking for a leader, someone that can motivate and encourage change with confidence and a positive mindset, but also the analytical ability to make sure that as a business our practices thrive.
We're searching for someone with the authority to influence the clinical direction of your practice. Someone who is a good all-arounder, comfortable with routine surgeries, and a high-level leader.
- Registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Qualified MRCVS
- Commitment to animal welfare
- Ability to keep on top of practice protocols and procedures
- Excellent organisational skills
- The branch is a multi-vet practice with a supportive team of nurses and dedicated reception team.
- Well established within the community, this practice prides itself on it welcoming and friendly environment as well as excellent patient care.
- Located close to London with a direct train only taking 55 minutes
If you are interested or would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] or call Joel Thompson on 0117 329 3900.
Gardner Llewelyn are a three-time award winning agency in 2015/16/17 and supply Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Nurses to the UK Veterinary profession on a temporary and permanent basis. We have been a carbon zero company since 2013 and pride ourselves on being an ethical and responsible company.
Tel: 0117 329 3900
Address: Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom