Veterinary Surgeon | Chelmsford | JT-25078
2 weeks ago
Chelmsford, Essex, United Kingdom
We are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon to join our client’s friendly team in Chelmsford.
You will be responsible for directing the practice and its staff in providing the very best care to clients and pets. You’ll also have an engaged interest in the running of the practice and be rewarded for its success.
The ideal candidate should be competent in practice with a minimal of 2 years' experience (UK or equivalent).
This candidate should be a motivated individual who possesses leadership qualities, excellent communication and a passion for patient and client care. Strong management and mentor skills are essential as you will play a crucial part within the team.
- Full-time permanent position
- 4-day working week with 1:5 weekends
Salary and Benefits
- Full time salary package up to £65,000 per annum depending on experience to include:
- 5 weeks' annual leave plus bank holidays
- 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- Certificate funding
- Fair share of bank holiday and on-call rota
- Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all clients and their pets/livestock
- Assess and examine and diagnose patients’ medical issues
- Perform surgery, dress and treat wounds
- Perform diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required
- Prescribe medication
- Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices for pets/livestock
- Euthanise patients
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures
Skills and Experience
- Registered with the RCVS
- Qualified MRCVS
- Commitment to animal welfare
- Ability to keep on top of practise protocols and procedures
- Excellent organisational skills
- This is a 2/3 vet practice with a long standing support team of 3 RVN'S, 2 students and 3 CCA's
Walking distance to town and train station, a very Established practice
If you are interested or would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] or call Joel Thompson on 0117 329 3900.
Gardner Llewelyn are a three-time award winning agency in 2015/16/17 and supply Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Nurses to the UK Veterinary profession on a temporary and permanent basis. We have been a carbon zero company since 2013 and pride ourselves on being an ethical and responsible company.
Tel: 0117 329 3900
Address: Chelmsford, Essex, United Kingdom