Veterinary Surgeon Required At Walton Lodge Vets, Harlow
Up to £64,000 DOE
Walton Lodge Veterinary Group
Harlow, Essex, United Kingdom
We are looking for an enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to join our team at our Harlow practice. This will be a consulting and routine surgery role that will also include sole charge. The standard working hours would be 40 hours over 4 days and part of the OOH rota.
The salary for this role is up to £64,000 depending on experience.
Walton Lodge Veterinary Group Ltd was founded in September 2000 and now has six surgeries which are situated in Bengeo, Bishop's Stortford, Harlow, Hoddesdon, Stevenage, and Ware. We’re also excited to announce that we have just opened three brand new practices across Stevenage, Hoddesdon and our Ware practice has been refitted and extended. All next to great transport links!
Our high standard equipment includes the latest in Digital Radiography technology, High-speed Colour Doppler Ultrasound scanners, Digital endoscopy, High-powered Dental Scalers and Polishers, ECG & Anaesthetic monitoring equipment.
About the Team and Culture
We are a group of 6 practices which includes a main 24-hour hospital. We have a lovely friendly team who provide a high standard of care which is important to us as well as staff welfare being our main priority.
We are looking for a highly motivated friendly Veterinary Surgeon with a good general knowledge who is confident in working up medical cases to a high standard. This is a consulting role with routine surgeries. This is a sole charge role but supportive team within the other practices who are always on hand to help.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH6966.
Address: Unit 2 Mill Court Edinburgh Gate CM20 2JA United Kingdom, Harlow, Essex, United Kingdom