Veterinary Surgeon Required At Porchester Vets
Up to £50,000 DOE
Portchester, Fareham, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team at Porchester Vets. The role is a mix of consults and operating, with the option to be flexible for days and hours worked, to allow the best for the candidate and the practice.
The weekends are generally one in three, with only Saturday mornings required. There are no OOH as this is covered by VetsNow.
The salary for this role is up to £50,000 (FTE) depending on experience.
Portchester Vets is set within the heart of a lovely community, with modern facilities including digital x-rays, dental x-rays, new ultrasound machine, Idexx laboratory suite, dedicated cat and dog wards, and K Laser machine.
There is a wealth of options for fun outside of work on the South Coast, including the New Forest, historic towns such as Winchester and Chichester nearby, and quick trips into London possible. Our staff have a wide range of hobbies including sailing, paddle boarding and horse riding, and have regular meet ups outside of work.
About the Team and Culture
We currently have 3 vets in the practice, one of whom is close to completing a surgical certificate. There are 5 fabulous RVNs, and currently one Student Nurse, very ably assisted by 2 ACAs and 3 reception staff.
We have a wonderful team who focus on delivering gold standard care whilst ensuring work enjoyment and life balance for all.
We are looking for an MRCVS with at least 3 years’ experience post qualification, who enjoys the variety of general practice work and wants to get the full benefit of the range of talents and support available in our team.
Good communication skills are valued, with the ability to do routine neuters, lump removals, dentals etc seen as essential.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,300 CPD allowance with 50 hours paid pro-rata
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH6962.
Address: 147-149 White Hart Lane, Portchester, Fareham, United Kingdom