Veterinary Surgeon Required At Crown Vets, Fort William, Scotland
7 months ago
Up to £57,000 negotiable DOE
Crown Vets Fort William
Fort William, United Kingdom
Crown Vets have an excellent opportunity for a Vet to join our mixed veterinary practice in Fort William!
- 80% small animal/10% beef and sheep/10% equine.
- 32 hours per week but this is flexible (40 hour week is an option or part time work also considered).
- Imaginative shift patterns welcomed e.g. 2 weeks on/2 weeks off. Happy to discuss any potential work patterns.
- 1 in 5 OOH (Average of one night per week. Weekend on call from 6pm Friday evening to Monday morning for emergencies and to check inpatients. Open Saturdays 9am-12pm for appointments).
- Competitive salary of up to £67,000 FTE negotiable DOE.
Fort William is a cracking place to live - with lochs, glens, and mountains on your doorstep you'll be looking for the perfect work/life balance to enjoy the surroundings. Take full advantage of the area for running, hill walking, mountain biking, wild swimming, paddle boarding, skiing and some genuine Highland culture.
Feeling burnt out from a heavy caseload of large animal work in mixed practice? Don't give up your hard-earned large animal skills. Instead come and experience low-stress work in a beautiful part of the world where our farmers/crofters are friendly, and the horse owners are pleasant! Variety is the spice of veterinary life and getting out of the surgery for a day a week can make all the difference. On the small animal side we see a lot of interesting cases. Clients are keen on diagnostics and there are plenty of opportunities to look after patients in-house. We always encourage our vets to develop any interests they may have.
We have one main practice and one small branch practice close by which we use as a wellness centre for routine appointments. Appointment slots are generous (20 minutes for the main practice and 15 minutes for routine wellness appointments at the branch). We are kitted out with all the usual toys - digital X-rays, ultrasound, bronchoscopy, IDEXX lab, multiparameter monitoring, dental radiography, tonopen, large animal rectal scanner, power floats, etc. Our team runs clinics in the surrounding communities on various days of the month which allows for a nice day out.
We are a 6-vet practice, with 3 RVNs, 3 student RVNs, 4 auxiliary nurses, 3 receptionists, and other admin staff. We have a close team and foster a supportive environment. We are keen to discuss cases and share knowledge. Most importantly we are always looking out for each other! Ideally, we are looking for an experienced vet to join our team but this is not essential as we have a support system in place.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Relocation package up to £2500
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH5075 when you apply.
Address: Glen Nevis Place Croft Road, Fort William, United Kingdom