Veterinary Surgeon Required At Shedden Vets In Clarkston, Glasgow
Clarkston, Glasgow, United Kingdom
We are looking for a dedicated Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team at Shedden Vets, a small but very busy practice. We will accept both part time and full time applications. The part time role is 2-3 days per week working between the hours of 9am and 7pm and a 1:4 Saturday morning 9am-1pm. No out of hours are required. Salary will reflect on experience and qualifications.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide clients with a high standard of customer care and service
- Write up all cases in full, monitor hospitalised patients and communicate information to the nursing staff, check all pricing communicated back to the client
- Inform clients of test results and update on progress after treatment
- Positively communicate to all clients on progress, results, diagnosis, prognosis, treatment options and costs involved at all times
- Maintain membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Present a professional approach and smart appearance at all times, ensure an effective consultation process for all patients
- Record all patient information, treatment, diagnostic reports and charges into the PMS
- Understand and comply with your legal obligations in relation to prescription safe keeping and supply of Veterinary medicinal products
- Maintain personal CPD as per RCVS guidelines
Established in 1985, we are located in the south side of Glasgow. Our team pride themselves on offering an exceptional level of care and we have an amazing team who are there to assist and help whenever needed. We have a client base that come to us for our personal approach as a small local practice and our ethos of 'we treat every pet as though it's our own'. We have all the usual toys to enjoy - fully equipped theatre, digital x-ray, ultrasound and an in-house laboratory, capnograph and we are in the process to buy some more toys.
Our supportive team is made up of 3 Veterinary Surgeons. We also have 1 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 2 Student Nurses one of which just about to qualify, 1 Animal Care Assistant and 4 receptionists. We are an approved training practice so we take Vet Students and Student Nurses. We are a very friendly team who works very well together and support each other.
The ideal candidate will be RCVS registered, be competent in all routine surgeries. You will be an enthusiastic, passionate, patient and caring individual who is interested and willing to promote and build the practice, any CPD or certificate will be highly encouraged and funded.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH4247 when applying for this role.
Address: 19 Eaglesham Road, Clarkston, Glasgow, United Kingdom