Anaesthesia Intern Required At Southern Counties Veterinary Specialists, Ringwood
11 months ago
Southern Counties Veterinary Specialists
Ringwood, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Southern Counties Veterinary Specialists have an exciting opportunity for an Anaesthesia Intern to join their team.
You will be involved in a wide variety of challenging cases, participate in weekly teaching rounds and gain experience in the teaching and training of junior staff working in anaesthesia.
There will be some weekend work and nights required which will be shared on a rota with other interns.
Southern Counties Veterinary Specialists is a busy multi-disciplinary referral centre and approved European College of Veterinary Anaesthesia & Analgesia Training Centre. We are committed to providing a high standard of patient care, with state-of-the-art equipment and Specialist services in anaesthesia and analgesia, soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery, neurology, cardiology, dermatology, medicine, oncology and imaging.
We are excited to announce that we are expanding our hospital, with our new facilities having opened in October 2022. Our expansion offers a new purpose-built theatre complex, with a two-storey facility housing a large client reception and waiting area and 10 new consulting rooms, along with a new rehabilitation centre. The improvements do not stop there, with further additions to include a new diagnostic suite and ICU area, plus much more.
About the Team and Culture
With 20 specialists, 8 residency-trained clinicians, 13 residents and over 70 nurses, you would be joining a large multidisciplinary specialist team working to the highest standards.
The ideal candidate should have 1 – 2 years of experience working in a small animal practice, or have completed a rotating small animal internship. The post would be particularly suitable for those wishing to pursue an Anaesthesia Residency.
Candidates must be members of the RCVS or eligible for membership, have good English language skills, be highly motivated, work well within a team and have enthusiasm for anaesthesia.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- £1500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH7398 when applying for this role.
To apply, please email your CV to Ryan Powell at [email protected] or call 07816202690 for more information.
Address: Ringwood, Hampshire, United Kingdom