Senior Veterinary Surgeon Required At Unicorn Vets, Park Surgery, Southampton
10 months ago
up to £70,000 depending on experience.
Unicorn Vets, Park Surgery
Hampshire, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Senior Veterinary Surgeon to join our lovely, enthusiastic team. Based primarily at the Park branch in Bassett, Southampton, you will have a nice balance of consulting and surgery. We welcome a confident vet as there can be rare periods of sole charge. There may be occasional shifts at one of the other branches if cover is required.
No on-call, OOH, or bank holidays.
1:8 Saturdays (9am-12pm or 9am-4pm). Shifts are either 4 days (8am - 6pm or 9am - 7pm), or 5 days with varied shorter shifts (typically 8am - 1pm and 9.30am - 7pm). Flexibility with hours can be considered.
Salary up to £70,000 depending on experience.
Unicorn is a group of three practices with a strong focus on patient welfare and high clinical standards. The practice fosters a very supportive and caring environment where real emphasis is placed on ensuring a great work/life balance for all staff.
Our Park branch is a stone’s throw from Southampton Common and close to the beautiful New Forest with easy access to the south coast, the idyllic South Downs, Winchester, and London. The area is home to excellent schools and is a lovely place to set up home.
The practice is equipped with digital X-ray, in-house haematology and biochemistry including SDMA, T4 and other extended panels, endoscopy, ultrasound and echocardiography, capnography, tonometry, ECG.
You will have the support of a fantastic, proficient nursing team comprised of plentiful RVNs and SVNs and a very experienced reception/office team. Many of the vets hold post-graduate qualifications (there are small animal medicine certificate holders, many with additional special interests, and one vet is currently finishing a Masters in soft tissue surgery).
The Park branch is currently in the process of achieving cat-friendly accreditation and the Fair Oak branch is officially a cat-friendly clinic.
Fear-free initiative is employed at all branches
At least 1 year qualified as some sole charge. MRCVS. Interest in learning and progressing clinical abilities a must.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS Fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7197.
Address: 84 Burgess Road, Hampshire, United Kingdom