Veterinary Surgeon Required At Amery Vet Group In Alton, Hampshire
2 months ago
Up to £65,000 DOE
Amery Veterinary Group, Alton
Alton, Hampshire, United Kingdom
We have a great opportunity for an experienced, small animal Vet to join our close-knit and supportive team. We encourage clinical freedom with your varied and rewarding workload and have 15-minute appointments to work up and follow through cases and build meaningful relationships with clients.
Our flexible team would welcome both Full and Part Time colleagues. We open until 1pm on Saturdays on a 1:3 rota and we use Vets Now so there is no OOH. We occasionally look after our own in-patients - treatment checks are optional and paid for.
- We can offer a salary of up to £65,000 per annum commensurate with your experience as well as a turnover based bonus scheme once established.
- Welcome Bonus paying up to £5,000
- Relocation Allowance paying up to £3,000
We are a very well-established, 100% small animal practice located right next to the beautiful South Downs National Park, less than 1 hour from the coast, access to London via train and easy access to Gatwick and Heathrow airport. We continually strive for excellence in management, medicine, and service to enrich and lengthen the special relationship between people and their pets.
We have a visiting Orthopaedic Surgeon for the more challenging surgical cases. We are well equipped with digital x-rays and excellent ultrasound and dental equipment.
Team and Culture
Working in a Vet practice is a big part of our lives, and we want to enjoy coming in to work and to feel appreciated by colleagues and clients. We have a supportive and committed team of 1 Clinical Director, 6 Vets, 5 RVNs, 4 SVNs and 7 Receptionists in our 3 well-equipped surgeries on the Hampshire/Surrey border.
We offer a vibrant workplace where you will be joining an enthusiastic and motivated team. Amery is a place where you will feel supported, encouraged, and challenged.
We welcome Vets with various experience levels and interests here at Amery. Good communication skills and a passion for Veterinary practice and client care will help you to deliver the high level of care that we pride ourselves on. We hope the newest member of our team has a positive can-do attitude and excellent bedside manner.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 6.6 weeks number of holidays including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 per annum CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
• Certificate support (not standard, needs confirmed for each advert)
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH8013.
Address: Amery Hill, Alton, Hampshire, United Kingdom