Veterinary Surgeon Required At Downland Veterinary Group, Bognor Regis
up to £63,000 depending on experience
Downland Veterinary Group
Emsworth, Hampshire, United Kingdom
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team here at Downland Veterinary Group, Bognor Regis. Your day-to-day duties will either be consulting, operating or day duty which includes looking after in-patients and seeing emergencies during the day. The working day is either 8.30am-6.30pm, 8am-5pm (day duty) or once a fortnight working until 7pm. 1:9 weeks you will work 3pm-8pm Mon-Fri as a twilight vet where you will then be on call for in-patients. You do not need to stay on site and there are no OOH, just in-patient care.
Weekends- out of 9 weeks 2x Saturday until 4pm and 1-2x Saturday until 1pm.
The salary for this role is up to £63,000 depending on experience.
We are a clinically focussed group who aspire to offer the best customer service. We are extensively equipped with in-house Idexx lab, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, etc. We have an amazing team who work closely together to not only offer the highest level of care but help to develop each team member's individual skill set to help them achieve their own goals. Based on the beautiful south coast we are sandwiched between the sea and the southdowns meaning we have an array of outdoor activities on the doorstep. With great transport links it is truly a magnificent place to live.
About the Team and Culture
Across the group we have 180 staff in 12 clinics and multiple certificate holders. Within the Bognor clinic, we currently have a team of 8 vets (but are building this to 12), 15 RVN and 15 support staff we have a great team culture and strong leadership in place. We also have certificate holders in medicine and ECC onsite with another team member undertaking a cardiology certificate currently. Our ethos is about progression and patient care.
Ideally, we would love a colleague with a few years’ experience but it is more important that you can fit into our existing team, build relationships and be a real team player.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH8140 when you apply.
Address: 71 Havant Road, Emsworth, Hampshire, United Kingdom