Veterinary Surgeon Required At Downland Veterinary Group, Emsworth
1 month ago
Up to £65,000 DOE
Downland Veterinary Group, Emsworth
Emsworth, Hampshire, United Kingdom
We are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join our team here at Downland Veterinary Group, Emsworth.
The work will be split between consults, operating and emergencies. You will have responsibility for your own cases, but you will very much be working as a part of this large and progressive team.
The rota will include working a 4-day week with shifts generally being 8.30-6.30, one 7pm finish per fortnight and one day duty working 8am-5.00pm. One in 9 weeks you will work a twilight shift; 4pm-8pm then on call for in-patients but no emergencies. Out of a 9-week rota, you will work two Saturdays until 4pm and one Saturday morning, with 6 weekends then off. Consultations are 15 minutes.
Salary is up to £65,000 depending on experience.
Relocation allowance of up to £5,000
We are a clinically focussed group with no performance targets set for our vets. Extensively equipped with DR x-ray system, ultrasound, full Idexx in-house panel, bronchoscopy/gastroscopy/rigid endoscopy, arthroscopy and laparoscopy, digital dental x-ray, etc. The practice is set between the beautiful South Coast and South Downs with easily transport links to London, airports, ports, and you will get to work to the highest clinical standards within a beautiful part of the country.
About the Team and Culture
We have a fantastic, team orientated group who focus on working together and clinical excellence. A hugely supportive working environment, with fantastic nursing team, we are lucky to have certificate holders in orthopaedics, soft tissue, medicine, cardiology, imaging, and dermatology. Rather than clinical skills, we are looking for the right person who can fit into and help develop the team further.
Ideally, we are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon but personality and fitting into the team are the most important qualities that we are looking for.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH8098.
Address: 71 Havant Road, Emsworth, Hampshire, United Kingdom