Veterinary Surgeon Required At Walton Lodge Vets, Stevenage
5 months ago
Up to £64,000 DOE
Walton Lodge - Stevenage
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team at Walton Lodge, Stevenage. This role will involve sole charge of a brand-new practice in Stevenage, working a varied caseload in a busy practice.
The full time rota will be a 4 Day week with one night a week on call every two weeks. There will also be one in 2 Saturday mornings and one in 7 weekends on call.
Work life balance that works for you
Our people are at the heart of everything that we do, that’s why we know that work-life balance is vital in supporting our people to be their best selves. Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
The salary for this role is up to £64,000 depending on experience.
Walton Lodge Veterinary Group Ltd was founded in September 2000 and now has six surgeries which are situated in Bengeo, Bishop's Stortford, Harlow, Hoddesdon, Stevenage, and Ware. We’re also excited to announce that we have just opened three brand new practices across Stevenage, Hoddesdon and our Ware practice has been refitted and extended. All next to great transport links!
Our high standard equipment includes the latest in Digital Radiography technology, High-speed Colour Doppler Ultrasound scanners, Digital endoscopy, High-powered Dental Scalers and Polishers, ECG & Anaesthetic monitoring equipment.
About the Team and Culture
Stevenage is one of our branch practices that feeds into the main hospital in Ware. We are a 6-practice group in total. In Stevenage we have two receptionists, a RVN and SVN.
We are looking for a highly motivated friendly Veterinary Surgeon with a good general knowledge who is confident in working up medical cases to a high standard. This is a consulting role with routine surgeries. This is a sole charge role but supportive team within the other practices who are always on hand to help.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH6967.
Address: Maxwell Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom