Veterinary Surgeon Required At Bourne Vets In Canterbury, Kent
Bourne Veterinary Practice
Canterbury, Kent, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly caring team at Bourne Vets. The day to day duties include consulting and operating allocated on an equal shared rota. All consultations are 20 minutes with 40 minutes for new patients and euthanasias. There will be operating support available if required. This is a full-time role working 40 hours a week over 4 days. The working hours will be 8.30-7pm and 1-3 Saturday mornings, shifts can be flexible for part-time work. There is no OOH.
Bourne Vet Practice is a purpose designed modern small animal practice situated in a delightful rural farmstead within 4 miles of the gorgeous cathedral city of Canterbury with easy access to both London and Europe via the Channel Tunnel. The practice has a separate ISFM Gold Standard Cat-Only Clinic and a Rehabilitation Clinic with an aqua treadmill all on the same site. We have wonderful clients than normal percentage of insured pets and we offer 20 minute consultations as standard.
The practice has 5.5 FTE Vets, 10 RVNs, 1 Student Nurse, 2 VCAs, 5 Receptionists and a Practice Manager. We have visiting specialists for orthopaedics, cardiology and ultrasound.
The ideal candidate will need to be RCVS registered with great communication skills and be at least 4 years qualified.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH3968 when applying for this role.
Address: Chalkpit Farm Adisham Road Bekesbourne, Canterbury, Kent, United Kingdom