Veterinary Surgeon Required At Thanet Vets In Margate, Kent
Up to £65,000 DOE
Thanet Vets, Margate
Margate, Kent, United Kingdom
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity to join a fantastic team? We are looking for a dedicated Veterinary Surgeon to join our team at Thanet Vets and we can offer you something truly unique in return.
The role will involve consulting and operating duties shared with 5 other Vets. We are fortunate enough to have a fantastic and knowledgeable team. Therefore, we are able to consider Vets with less post qualifying experience to Vets with a wealth of post qualification experience!
We are offer a flexible approach to our new Vets working hours, that being either full-time or part-time positions working within our opening hours of 8:00am to 19:00pm with 1:4 Saturday mornings and no OOH.
- Salary for the role is up to £65,000 per annum depending on experience but we are open to negotiations for the right candidate
- The successful candidate will receive a welcome bonus of £2,500
- Should you be relocating to our lovely seaside town we have relocation support of up to £5,000
Here at Thanet Vets, we have a main branch in Margate with ample car parking and a smaller consulting only branch in Birchington-On-Sea with a cattery attached. We are well equipped with digital radiography and dental radiography, ultrasound, fully equipped laboratory for in-house analysis and video endoscopy/bronchoscopy. We are surrounded by sandy beaches, with close links to ferries and the train for various destinations across Europe. We are also within reasonable distance to London for City visits. We are active within our community and as such have built a loyal client base.
Team and Culture
Our friendly team is made up of 5.5 Veterinary Surgeons, 5 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 3 Student Nurses, 7 support staff and 2 cattery staff. We have certificate holders in Anaesthesia, Surgery and 3 studying for certificates in Imaging, Ophthalmology and Surgery. Therefore, we have ample experience to support specific interests you may have and encourage you to further your career in areas that interest and excite you.
We love to socialise with each other outside the work environment and as such provide 2 team events per year as well as our Christmas Party. Well-being is important to us, our management team have an open-door policy for you to come and talk to us freely and confidently, where we can offer full support through our amazing network.
We are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon who is confident in routine ops and has some post graduate experience in practice. However, we are lucky enough to have experienced team who are invested in supporting and mentoring any further development our new Vet seeks. We would like someone with a positive can-do attitude, excellent bedside manner and a true passion for what we do. We would also like someone who is a dedicated team player and will therefore fit in with our happy family orientated team and maintain our excellent customer care.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7579.
Address: College Road, Margate, Kent, United Kingdom