Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets, Gateacre
Up to £60,000 DOE + Relocation allowance up to £5,000
White Cross Vets, Gateacre
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team here at White Cross Vets, Gateacre!
There is scope for this position to be full or part-time hours, we are proud to say that we are flexible in our approach to rota’s and your work life balance. There are no out of hours with this role. We can offer a wide range of working patterns including school hours, term time and so many weeks on followed by so many off. We value work life balance above all else as we would like our team to feel refreshed, motivated and happy!
Salary for the role is up to £60,000 depending on experience + Relocation allowance up to £5,000 available.
White Cross vets is a family. We value people above all else and it shows! Our aim is to be the place of choice for veterinary professionals by leading the way with our approach to managing clinics and teams. There is a huge emphasis on wellbeing and balance which is why our approach to working hours and rota’s is open and flexible.
The wellbeing of our teams is important to us. We make time each month for tools to be set aside and for teams to spend time with one another in wellbeing sessions. Our support manager Claire encourages feedback from teams on one another… the good kind… the kind where we celebrate personal wins and reward our people. Your colleague may have had a really tough week… you can feed that back and we will assess them for extra time off in the form of a wellbeing day… another may have gone above and beyond... feed that back and we send them a treat. It is all about the people for us, we are here for you.
About the Team and Culture
Our Gateacre practice is a single site, purpose-built, small animal practice with 3 consult rooms, an in-house laboratory, digital x-rays, dental x-rays and theatre as well as separate dog and cat wards. We are a cat-friendly clinic with an ISFM silver award, an RCVS accredited training practice and an RCVS accredited practice. We have a large private rear car park.
We are a tight-knit team that loves working together. We currently have 4 Client Care Coordinators, 3 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 1 Head Veterinary Nurse, and 4 Veterinary Surgeons working in our practice and we are excited for the new member to join our team! We make time for team meetings, and well-being days and love a good buffet!
We welcome you to come and spend the day alongside us. Coffee and cake is standard and we are confident that you will love the atmosphere and passion that Gateacre proudly displays.
We look forward to welcoming an enthusiastic RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon to our team. We are looking for a team player who supports and believes in a culture of quality care to the highest standard for our visiting pets and clients.
• Experience in a Small Animal practice
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
• 7 weeks holiday including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Up to 4 days paternity leave for new pets
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Access to Simply Health
• Non-accidental injury support
• Private medical insurance
• £1500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Address: Unit 2 Gateacre Local Centre Gateacre Park Drive, Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom