Veterinary Surgeon Required At Adams Vets, Wavertree
5 months ago
up to £63,000 (pro rata) depending on experience
Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom
Permanent part time Veterinary Surgeon needed for Adams Vets for their Wavertree clinic!
This role will include a varied caseload and responsibilities such as consulting, operating and inpatient workups. We can support applicants that prefer to preform consults only. This shift pattern is ideally 2 days per week, between 9 am – 6:30 pm with a 1-hour lunch break, and 1:3 Saturday mornings 9 am – 1 pm (consults only)., we can offer flexibility with hours. There’s no requirement for any out of hours. In total you’ll be working 18.3 hours per week. You’ll be based exclusively at our Wavertree site.
What’s on offer?
- A salary of up to £63,000 (pro rata) DOE
- A welcome bonus of £5000 (pro rata)
- Relocation support of up to £5000 (pro rata)
- Flexibility with hours/duties
At Adams Vets, we work as one team split between our two branches, Fazakerley and Wavertree. Our Fazakerly Clinic is situated in North Liverpool with excellent transport links to the surrounding area and free parking on site. Our Wavertree clinic is situated in South Liverpool near lots of lovely restaurants, cafes, and bars (perfect for a staff night out). Across our clinics, we have access to radiography, ultrasonography, tonometry, microscopy, a full laboratory, dedicated inpatient wards, operating theatres, and consulting rooms. The successful candidate will work primarily at our Wavertree site.
About the Team and Culture
We are a close-knit team that prides itself on delivering excellent patient care. Between our 2 clinics we have 7 Veterinary Surgeons, 6 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 1 Student Veterinary Nurse, 2 Veterinary Care Assistants and 4 Receptionists. We work closely with local rescue centres and hold team events to raise money for charity. Most recently, we walked 1 million steps in 7 days to raise money for Vet Life!
Suitable candidates should be confident performing routine surgeries such as neuters, dentals, and mass removals. Good communication skills are essential along with sharing our core values and being a team player. They should be RCVS registered
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks holiday (including bank holidays)
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance paid over 5 days
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH7719 when you apply.
Address: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom