Veterinary Surgeon Required At Summercourt Vets In Caerphilly, South Wales
2 months ago
Up to £65,000 DOE
Caerphilly, Mid Glamorgan, United Kingdom
We are looking for a full time Veterinary Surgeon to join our Summercourt clinic in the heart of the Caerphilly community. We are part of a group of 8 practices based in South Wales.
Fix or flex – find your perfect work life balance
Our people are at the heart of everything that we do, that’s why we know that work-life balance is vital in supporting our people to be their best selves.
Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
Our working day is 9am-7pm with a lunchbreak in the middle. We use a dedicated emergency service so we don’t do nights or weekends, (other than rota’s Saturday mornings 9am-1pm)
Our full time vets work a 4-day week and always get the same day off each week so a good work-life balance can be achieved.
A good work life balance is very important to us and we are able to offer a 4 day working week and would also consider a part time position for the right candidate. There will be 1 in 5 Saturdays and no OOH.
The salary is up to £65,000 depending on experience.
There are 8 sites within the group with our Caerphilly branch just a 5 minute drive away from the beautiful Caerphilly Castle which is a popular favourite amongst our team who frequently sit and enjoy their lunch overlooking this historical landmark. The Caerphilly branch is located just a 30 minute drive from Cardiff city centre and is close to all local amenities.
Our branch is fully equipped and also has its own in house lab area, x-rays and ultrasound machine plus the back up of 24 hour hospital and certificate holders. Our team here consist of an experienced RVN, Nursing Assistant and 2 part time Receptionist and the surgery has a good strong client base with room for growth.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Relocation allowance up to £5000
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7507.
Address: 106 St Cenydd Road, Caerphilly, Mid Glamorgan, United Kingdom