Mixed Practice Vet Required At Strathspey Veterinary Centre
1 month ago
Up to £50,000 negotiable D.O.E
Strathspey Veterinary Centre
Grantown-on-Spey, Morayshire, United Kingdom
Strathspey Vets, Grantown -on-Spey require a mixed veterinary surgeon to join their team, we are a truly mixed practice with beef suckler and sheep, varied first opinion small animal, some gamebird work, a reindeer herd, and small number of equine caseloads. Working across our two branches one in Aviemore and one in Grantown on Spey. With a rough ratio of 60:40 small to large animal work and the occasional equine call.
Working 40 hours per week (predominately covering between the hours of 8:30am-5pm unless on call)
Across 4/5 days
1:4 weekends (On call at home from 7pm Friday night, in surgery form 8:30am-1pm on the Saturday then on call remainder of the weekend there is always 2 vets on call for backup and support)
1 night per week (on call from 7pm)
Up to £50,000 negotiable D.O.E
Relocation allowance of up to £5,000
Located in the Cairngorm National Park, there is ample opportunity to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. Many of our staff pursue a wide range of outdoor activities including hiking, skiing, kayaking, and biking.
We work across two modern practices and our small animal facilities are supported by an amazing team of 14 Vets, 5 RVN’ working a mixture of full & part time basis, 2 VCA’ and we are a nurse training practice, 8 office staff and a practice manager.
Full idexx lab at both sites, digital x-ray at both sites and dental x-ray at Aviemore. Ultrasound at both sites. Located in the beautiful Scottish Highlands with every outdoor activity you could possibly want on the doorstep. Only 40 miles from Inverness airport if you need your city fix. Enjoy being part of the rural community.
Must be RCVS registered, experience preferred but new graduates will be considered. Hard working, keen to interact with all types of clients so good people skills essential, someone who enjoys being part of a fun team.
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks holiday including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD leave
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6018 when you apply.
Address: Grantown-on-Spey, Morayshire, United Kingdom