Consult Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets, Wolstanton
1 year ago
Up to £65,000 DOE pro-rata
White Cross Vets, Wolstanton
Wolstanton, Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
White Cross Vets, Wolstanton are experiencing an exciting period of growth and as result, we have a fantastic opportunity for an additional Veterinary Surgeon to join our team of 3.5 vets. Our multidisciplinary enthusiastic team currently have a surgical bias, so this role would be ideal for someone with a keen interest in developing themselves further in medicine cases or someone who is wanting a consult-only role, however, an additional general practitioner vet would also be considered and welcomed.
We have a fantastically knowledgeable team of vets and experienced nursing team who regularly have clinical discussions about cases and learn from each other. We are a forward-thinking practice and have monthly clinical and team meetings, we are open to any ideas to improve our current protocols.
We have monthly wellbeing afternoons where we book 2 hours 'off rota' to do something fun as a team, and all team members get 2 wellbeing days that they can take each year on top of their annual leave. We have a sweet jar to regularly top up sugar levels. All team members get an additional day off on their birthday, and 2 days of peternity leave if they take on a new pet.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing high-quality clinical care to all pets, providing an outstanding client experience and helping to create and maintain an efficient clinic. You will uphold and adhere to the White Cross Vets Principles both within the clinic and when representing White Cross Vets externally at all times.
The shift pattern can be flexible, and we are happy to accept both full/part-time applicants. Our out of hours is provided by Vets Now, but there is a share of Saturday mornings working 8:30 am-12:30 pm, with TOIL given for each weekend worked. Work-life balance and wellbeing are always a top priority at White Cross Vets, so if this is of interest, we’d love to discuss the specifics further with you
The salary is up to £65,000 depending on experience (Pro-rata)
At White Cross Vets, we have 21 clinics across the UK. All our clinics have teams with different interests, with team members undergoing further training by certificates or having those that have achieved certification status. Being part of something bigger offers a fantastic level of support on a wider group level and allows us to grow and develop a higher quality first opinion pet care, whilst providing internal career progression opportunities.
Wolstanton is a growing practice with great facilities including 4 consult rooms, cat ward, dog ward, operating theatre, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound and access to endoscope if needed. Working alongside our wonderful nurse team, we have 3 vets who have been qualified for 2-15 years. We hold the ISFM silver award for cat care and the IVC Evidensia patient safety award
Our veterinary team enjoy all aspects of general veterinary practice. High-quality clinical care is of utmost importance to the team, they even thoroughly enjoy staged dentals. The clinical team, routinely conduct audits, ensuring that they are always working towards gold standard first opinion pet care. The team feel like a consult vet who has a strong interest in internal medicine, would complement their interests and offer support in this area, whilst providing the successful candidate with a career opportunity to progress and grow the consultation provision at the clinic.
About the Team and Culture
One of the best parts of working at Wolstanton is our close-knit, enthusiastic team. We are all food lovers and often do sausage roll runs to “Wright’s Pies”, which is just next door as well as chocolate treasure hunts around the practice. As a team, we are very focused on wellbeing and team building and take our wellbeing afternoons extremely seriously, which have included “Bake-Off” style competitions, Christmas quizzes and Halloween pumpkin carving. We may also be partial to a spot of BINGO and love some Festive Fun.
It is important that the successful candidate has the following skills/attributes:
- Experienced candidate
- To fulfil the surgical requirement of the “consult only” vet role. Competency in emergency surgical procedures, specifically during periods of sole charge.
- Drive to work towards clinical excellence within first opinion practice
- Quality; the desire to provide a high standard of veterinary medicine, to the pets under our care
- Integrity; working with the clinical team to drive the strong White Cross principles that the group adheres to, in an honest manner
- Responsibility; to the pets under our care, making strong and confident clinical recommendations with the support of the team and the White Cross group
- Growth; to be passionate in wanting to progress your clinical knowledge and skill development, which in turn contributes to the growth of the practice and the clinical team
- RCVS registered
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
- 7 weeks holiday including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Up to 4 days paternity leave for new pets
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Access to Simply Health
- Non-accidental injury support
- Private medical insurance
- £1500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please use BH8057 as a reference when applying for this role.
Address: High Street, Wolstanton, Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom