Consult Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets, Wolstanton
5 months ago
Up to £60,000 DOE
White Cross Vets, Wolstanton
Wolstanton, Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
White Cross Vets, Wolstanton are experiencing an exciting period of growth and as result, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join us in a consulting role! This position would be ideal for someone who is a confident general practitioner but has a keen interest in developing themselves in consulting. You will work closely with our nursing team in driving the continued development of nursing consultations to complement the veterinary team and provide an outstanding service to the pets under our care. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to take the next step in a consult only role with full support from a multidisciplinary team.
The shift pattern can be flexible, and we are happy to accept both full/part-time applicants. Our out of hours is provided by Vets Now, but there is a share of Saturday mornings working 8:30 am-12:30 pm, with TOIL given for each weekend worked. Work-life balance and wellbeing are always a top priority at White Cross Vets, so if this is of interest, we’d love to discuss the specifics further with you.
The salary is up to £60,000 depending on experience.
At White Cross Vets, we have 21 clinics across the UK. All our clinics have teams with different interests, with team members undergoing further training by certificates or having those that have achieved certification status. Being part of something bigger offers a fantastic level of support on a wider group level and allows us to grow and develop a higher quality first opinion pet care, whilst providing internal career progression opportunities.
Wolstanton is a growing practice with great facilities including 4 consult rooms, cat ward, dog ward, operating theatre, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound and access to endoscope if needed. Working alongside our wonderful nurse team, we have 3 vets who have been qualified for 2-15 years. We hold the ISFM silver award for cat care and the IVC Evidensia patient safety award.
Our veterinary team enjoy all aspects of general veterinary practice. High-quality clinical care is of utmost importance to the team, they even thoroughly enjoy staged dentals. The clinical team, routinely conduct audits, ensuring that they are always working towards gold standard first opinion pet care. The team feel like a consult vet who has a strong interest in internal medicine, would complement their interests and offer support in this area, whilst providing the successful candidate with a career opportunity to progress and grow the consultation provision at the clinic.
About the Team and Culture
One of the best parts of working at Wolstanton is our close-knit, enthusiastic team. We are all food lovers and often do sausage roll runs to “Wright’s Pies”, which is just next door as well as chocolate treasure hunts around the practice. As a team, we are very focused on wellbeing and team building and take our wellbeing afternoons extremely seriously, which have included “Bake-Off” style competitions, Christmas quizzes and Halloween pumpkin carving. We may also be partial to a spot of BINGO and love some Festive Fun.
It is important that the successful candidate has the following skills/attributes:
- Experienced candidate
- To fulfil the surgical requirement of the “consult only” vet role. Competency in emergency surgical procedures, specifically during periods of sole charge.
- Drive to work towards clinical excellence within first opinion practice
- Quality; the desire to provide a high standard of veterinary medicine, to the pets under our care
- Integrity; working with the clinical team to drive the strong White Cross principles that the group adheres to, in an honest manner
- Responsibility; to the pets under our care, making strong and confident clinical recommendations with the support of the team and the White Cross group
- Growth; to be passionate in wanting to progress your clinical knowledge and skill development, which in turn contributes to the growth of the practice and the clinical team
- RCVS registered
Benefits (subject to pro-rata)
We have many stand out benefits available to us, as an example, our leave benefits are listed below (not just a generous annual leave allowance – paid donation days, wellbeing days, CPD days, peternity leave, birthday off, and more!). Did we mention work-life balance is top of our agenda?
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increased holiday based on length of service
- Five full paid days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Focus on employee wellbeing with fully paid wellbeing days issued
- 5 days paid CPD leave with a £1500 CPD allowance per annum, alongside the opportunity for fully funded certificates.
- Up to four days PETernity leave, for when that new furry member joins your family
- Birthday day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Your pets can benefit from our Complete Wellness Plan too. Up to 3 pets are free on our wellness plan (free consults, vaccinations, flea, worm, and more)
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you please get in touch. Please use BH4855 as a reference when applying for this role.
Address: High Street, Wolstanton, Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom