Exotics Veterinary Surgeon Required At Robson & Prescott Veterinary Surgeons
1 month ago
up to £65,000 depending on experience
Robson & Prescott Veterinary Surgeons
Morpeth, Northumberland, United Kingdom
If you are a Veterinary Surgeon with a passion for exotic animal care, Robson & Prescott Veterinary Surgeons in Morpeth have the perfect role for you! The varied caseload includes first- and second-opinion exotics, zoo stock, alpaca herds, raptors, falcon breeding projects and wildlife. Our purpose-built hospital in rural Northumberland is fully equipped with appropriate diagnostic, surgical and hospitalisation facilities. The position is best suited to a certificate holder or someone working towards a certificate. The successful candidate will join the exotics team but have ample access to the skill set of surgeons and cardiologists, etc. as required.
We care about our staff’s work/life balance; the current rota is a 4-day week with no OOH or bank holiday responsibilities. There may be a requirement to help cover shifts on a Saturday. We offer a competitive salary for this role of up to £65,000 depending on experience.
Our hospital is situated on the outskirts of the historic market town of Morpeth with easy access to Newcastle, Northumberland's unspoilt coastline and rolling hills. We are fully equipped and have a purpose-built hospital with dedicated exotics and small mammal wards. Facilities include Digital XR, flexible and rigid videoscope and access to CT.
By far the best part of joining our practice is getting to work alongside our fantastic team! We have 27 vets (full and part-time), 41 nurses (including RVNs, trainees and auxiliaries), and 32 support staff. Across the team, we have certificate holders in exotics, cardiology, small animal medicine, behaviour, small animal surgery, and hydrotherapy.
Our ideal candidate will have experience working with a range of exotic animals, have willingness to engage with both zoo staff and private owners and be working towards or hold a certificate. Having a full driving license is required.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 35 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH8095 when you apply.
Address: Morpeth, Northumberland, United Kingdom