Opportunity For Veterinarian At New Lambton Veterinary Clinic - Newcastle, Australia
Above average, negotiable, and dependent on skills and experience
New Lambton Veterinary Clinic - VetPartners
New Lambton, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
New Lambton Veterinary Clinic is looking for a vet (2+ years' experience) to join their team in Newcastle, Australia.
Newcastle is Australia's 7th largest city known for its vibrant cafe culture and trendy music scene, only 2 hours north of Sydney.
- Relocation Allowance and Visa Sponsorship
- Negotiable and competitive salary package
- Encouragement to pursue interests and develop skills
Six years ago we opened our purpose built premises in Lambton Road Broadmeadow with a dream to expand our small clinic, our clinical skills and our access to amazing equipment, while preserving our close longstanding client and patient relationships. We knew that architecture has a direct influence on happiness levels and we put a lot of thought into the fit out, resulting in large spaces, lots of internal windows, and easy clean surfaces with lots of storage space!
Fast track to 2021 – we have grown into a 12-14 member team, still providing personalised and high quality medical and surgical care to our small animal patients as we have for over 20 years. We are definitely still a family focused clinic, treating our staff and clients like part of our extended family and advocating for pets as “your best friend’s best friends”.
We have an opportunity within our team for an experienced veterinarian. This is a full time position including every second Saturday mornings, with the clinic open from 8.30am to 6pm weekdays and 8.30am to 1pm on Saturday.
What sets us apart?
- We support a healthy work-life balance, which we achieve through advanced notice in rostering, regular rostered days off to allow you to plan in advance. Leaving on time at the end of the day is a priority.
- We care about your health and wellbeing – an Employee Assistance Program (including confidential counselling and support) is available free of charge to all staff members.
- Team unity and ongoing training is important to us – to help us achieve this we have fortnightly team meetings and training where phones are turned off for the duration of the meeting.
- We have a great team of veterinarians and veterinary nurses who genuinely enjoy coming to work. There aren’t many industries like ours where we feel like we are making a difference every single day to the life of our patients and also their human owners.
Of course we are looking for all the normal qualities of a great veterinarian, but the following skills specific to this role include:
- Commitment to lifelong education and a readiness to share your knowledge.
- Commitment to teamwork.
- Ability to maintain composed and calm in a busy environment. We are a small but close knit team who feed off each other’s energy, so we need you to stay calm in busy and challenging periods. There will always be support (we roster 2 veterinarians and 4-5 support team every day) ..however staying unflappable is a must.
- An eye for detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with owners is important; we want you to form relationships with the clients and their pets.
For more information or to apply, please email Simone from VetPartners Careers at email@example.com
Tel: +61 498 102 643
Address: New Lambton, Newcastle, NSW, Australia