Veterinary Surgeon Required At Leonard Brothers Vets
Up to 37,000 DOE
Leonard Brothers Vets
Arcade Whitchurch, Shropshire, United Kingdom
We are looking for a dedicated Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team here at Leonard Brothers Veterinary centre based in our Whitchurch Branch, The position is part time and the role is 4 days per week working between the hours of 8:30am & 6:30pm and 9 + Saturday morning 8am-12:30pm per year, 1 in 15 weekends on call from Saturday 8:30am - 17:30pm Vets now cover over nights. 1 weeknight every 3 weeks approx. from 6:30pm - 9:00pm. Salary will reflect on experience and qualifications.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- · Provide clients with a high standard of customer care and service
- · Write up all cases in full, monitor hospitalised patients and communicate information to the nursing staff, check all pricing communicated back to the client
- · Inform clients of test results and update on progress after treatment
- · Positively communicate to all clients on progress, results, diagnosis, prognosis, treatment options and costs involved at all times
- · Maintain membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- · Present a professional approach and smart appearance at all times, ensure an effective consultation process for all patients
- · Record all patient information, treatment, diagnostic reports and charges into the PMS
- · Understand and comply with your legal obligations in relation to prescription safe keeping and supply of Veterinary medicinal products
- · Maintain personal CPD as per RCVS guidelines
New large modern building with friendly atmosphere, within walking distance of the town of Whitchurch Shropshire, ample parking with a short walk to the train station, a large group of vets who all have varied skill sets, as well as a large friendly team of nurses.
Our team pride themselves on offering an exceptional level of care and we have an amazing team of extremely experienced Veterinary Nurses who are there to assist and help whenever needed. We have a client base that come to us for our personal approach and our ethos of 'we treat every pet as though it's our own'.
Our supportive team is made up of 7 Veterinary Surgeons, 8 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 6 experienced Receptionists and administrators. We are a very friendly team full of fun and personality.
The ideal candidate will be RCVS registered, be competent in all routine surgeries. You will be an enthusiastic, passionate, patient and caring individual who is interested and willing to promote and build the practice.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- · Up to £5000 relocation allowance and up to £1500 welcome bonus
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- · CPD paid days and allowance
- · L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- · Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- · Private Medical Insurance
- · BVA Membership paid
- · VDS cover
- · Birthday leave
- · Discounted veterinary fees
- · Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- · Cycle to Work scheme
- · Service-related company sick pay
- · Sponsorship for overseas employees
- · Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- · Relocation packages
- · Career progression opportunities
- · Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH4312 when applying for this role.
Address: Unit 7, 8 Brownlow St, Arcade Whitchurch, Shropshire, United Kingdom