Veterinary Surgeon Required At Milford Veterinary Hospital
Up to £55,000 FTE DOE
Milford Veterinary Hospital
Milford, Surrey, United Kingdom
We have an excellent opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our lovely team on a fixed term contract basis, (up to one year). This is a sole charge position working with an OOH nurse overnight plus an ANA weekend days. As an OOH Vet you will see less patients than a typical out of hours position because we aim to give extremely high standards of care. There is backup available for busy times with opportunity for rest breaks and we would expect you to be able to sleep most nights. We provide emergency care for our own clients and a small number of other local practices. You will consult on a Saturday morning seeing Milford first opinion clients.
This is a Part Time role, and your normal hours of work are 14 hours per night on a rota system of ten days every 5 weeks to include weekend days, (this period is your “on period”), this is then followed by 35 days off, (this period is your off period”).
The salary for this role is up to £55,000 FTE depending on experience
We are a modern veterinary practice offering up to date equipment - laparoscopy, new ultrasound equipment, new laboratory, and dental X-ray. We also have a cardiology certificate holder accepting referrals from other practices. There is accommodation for out of hours staff which is situated upstairs above the practice. Our practice is situated in the heart of the fabulous Surrey countryside with miles of excellent dog walking on our doorstep, as well as having easy access to direct trains to/from London.
About the Team and Culture
We are an expanding team with 8 daytime and OOH vets including 1 ECC certificate holder plus 1 cardiology certificate holder. We also have 5 RVN’s and 2 SVN’s plus support staff. We also work closely with local animal and wildlife charities in the community. We are a friendly hardworking team that works very closely together and takes the time to relax - Friday night has become an impromptu pub night for the team!
The successful candidate will be an experienced vet who is capable of sole charge. Out of hours experience is a strong preference but not essential.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 6.6 weeks annual leave FTE (Pro rata for length of contract)
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro-rata
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7066.
Address: 37 New Road, Milford, Surrey, United Kingdom