Emergency Veterinary Surgeon Required At Northside Emergency Veterinary Clinic
12 months ago
Up to £65,000 depending on experience
Northside Emergency Veterinary Clinic
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Working as an emergency Veterinary Surgeon will expose you to a diverse range of cases that you simply won’t see in general practice – perfect for learning and career development. We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon that relishes the diverse caseload you see in Emergency and Critical Care to complete the team. Night shifts 6.30pm - 8.30am and day shifts 8.30am - 6.30pm including weekend rota. We will need at-least 2 Veterinary Surgeons to cover these shifts.
The salary will be up to £65,000 depending on experience.
Northside Emergency Veterinary Clinic is a dedicated Veterinary Emergency Care provider based in the North Birmingham area, providing an out of hours provision to a number of local practices in the area. Experienced and highly qualified staff with all the advanced equipment a Veterinary Surgeon should expect when working in an emergency facility.
Must be MRCVS and experienced with handling all emergency medicine and surgery in a sole charge environment. Ideally somebody with a certificate in emergency and critical care or somebody who is willing to study towards. Warm, confident and effective communicator who not only looks after their patients and clients to a high standard, but must be a team player and have the ability to gain and maintain relationships with peers external to our clinic, including staff and teams from our user practices.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH4775 when you apply.
Address: West Midlands, United Kingdom