Veterinary Surgeon Required At Oakfield Vets, Green Lane Cat Only Clinic
6 months ago
up to £63k FTE depending on experience
Oakfield Veterinary Group
Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Oakfield Vets have a fantastic opportunity for a Vet to run the FIRST Cat Only Clinic in the area, with hours to suit you!
We are looking to welcome another Veterinary Surgeon into our expanding team of 8 Vets across our four branches! There is plenty of scope for clinical decision making and independent case management, with friendly support available at all times from an experienced and efficient nursing and auxiliary team.
We are happy to offer flexible hours that give the perfect work/life balance to the right candidate. No out of hours requirement.
The salary for this role is up to £63k FTE depending on experience.
Our Green Lane clinic is part of Oakfield and is based in Castle Bromwich. We are a long-standing practice, with a loyal client base and a fantastic team. The practice is in a great location with easy access to Birmingham and the rest of the country and has just been newly refurbished and decorated.
We have a dedicated team of nurses and receptionists across the branches. Our motto is to work and be happy!
Our ideal candidate must have experience working at a practice within the United Kingdom and must also be organised, compassionate and have great communication skills. This would suit a confident vet who is looking for a new challenge within a busy and supportive team.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6035 when applying for this role.
Address: Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom