Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets, Kingsheath
1 month ago
up to £65,000 depending on experience
White Cross Vets, Kings Heath
Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team here at White Cross, Kings Heath.
Rota and Salary
This role is full-time, 40 hours per week, over 4 days. You will also be required to participate in the weekend rota, Saturdays only. Time is given back in lieu of any weekend working. There are no out-of-hours required.
Salary for this role is up to £65,000 depending on experience.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team here at White Cross Vets, Kings Heath! We are a busy small animal practice, with a mixture of surgery and consults each day, and minimal sole charge. To be successful in this role, you must be happy with most aspects of general surgery, including dentals, and dental x-rays.
In this role will be required to provide high-quality clinical care to all pets along with ensuring an outstanding client experience and to help to create and maintain an efficient clinic. You will uphold and adhere to the White Cross Vets Principles both within the clinic and when representing White Cross Vets externally at all times.
Our newly refurbished Kings Heath Practice is situated in a very popular area of South Birmingham. Birmingham was even named as one of the best places to live in the Midlands with a special mention to Kings Heath by the Times in 2022.
We are equipped with a great quality ultrasound machine, and digital x-ray (including dental) and we hold a bronze cat-friendly status, working very closely with Kings Heath Cat Club. We also have 2 theatre rooms, 2 prep areas, an x-ray suite, a dental room and 5 consulting rooms as well as a lovely new staff room (with sofas and a fish tank!).
About the Team and Culture
Our Kings Heath team currently consists of 6 Vets, 9 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 2 Veterinary Care Assistants and 5 Client Care Coordinators. We love to get together on our Wellbeing afternoons and most recently painted candles, made some bow ties for the pets and decorated biscuits. We also have a Kings Heath Social Club Facebook group where we sha.re funny memes and organise our get-togethers!
The ideal candidate will be a RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon with some experience, preferably in a similar small animal practice setting. Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team are essential. A passion to deliver great clinical quality, caring for pets as if they were your own and a providing a fantastic client service are the standards we strive for.
- Previous experience in a Small Animal Practice
- RCVS registered
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
- Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 7 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH8077 when you apply.
Address: Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom