Veterinary Surgeon - West Midlands - Ref RL14562
3 months ago
JHP Recruitment Ltd
West Midlands, United KingdomOur clients currently have an exciting opportunity for a Vet to join their team on a permanent basis in West Midlands. Vets usually work 9.00am - 7.00pm with an hour's lunch break, therefore a weekly average of between 37 and 42 hours per week depending on the respective clinic.
They require cover 1 in 7 Saturday mornings 9.00am - midday.
This clinic is sited in the same building as their out of hours clinic ensuring a seamless admission for patients for weekend care if needed.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Provision of excellent standard of care to both pets and clients
• High standard of communication using verbal and written methods; using PMS for patient records, prescriptions and lab reporting and full discussion with clients on patient progress, treatment options and costs
• Comply with legal obligations in line with prescribing/dispensing of medicines guidelines as well as working in accordance with the RCVS Code of Professional Conduct
They have experienced teams of support staff in each clinic including a designated nursing Branch Manager as well as Veterinary Nurses and Veterinary & Animal Care Assistants. They firmly believe in learning for everyone and have a nursing pathway for the support staff to follow.
Sole charge/Branch lead clinic with consistent support from colleagues, including management and clinic teams. Current team includes but is not limited to, 1 Veterinary Surgeon, Branch lead who is also an RVN & CC, 1 part time RVN, 1 SVN, 1 VCA, 1 ACA & 1 lovely receptionist.
This job would suit a RCVS Veterinary Surgeon with previous experience ideally in a similar small animal practice setting. You will be able to undertake sole charge work where patient welfare will be your first consideration and you will be able to perform imaging tests, laboratory tests and surgery, prescribe medicines and diagnose illness.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
For more information call us directly on 01392 444115 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01392 444115
Address: West Midlands, United Kingdom