Roving Veterinary Surgeon Required At Grove Lodge Veterinary Group, Worthing
up to £55,000 depending on experience.
Grove Lodge Veterinary Group
Worthing, West Sussex, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity to join us at Grove Lodge Veterinary Group as a Roving Veterinary Surgeon. You will be based at the main hospital in Worthing but will cover at our other 6 satellite branches as and when needed, giving you a chance to work with all our fantastic teams across East and West Sussex.
We expect our Veterinary Surgeons to make animal welfare the first consideration when providing the most appropriate attention to the animals in their care.
Our ideal candidate will have knowledge of animal physiology, nutrition and medicine with practical skills to diagnose illness, prescribe medicines, and perform imaging tests, laboratory tests and surgery.
- You will provide an effective consultation process for all patients, ensuring they start promptly and avoid running over whenever possible.
- Record all patient information, treatment, diagnostic reports, and charges into the computer system.
- Monitor hospitalised patients and communicate information to the nursing team.
- Inform clients of test results and update them on progress after treatment.
- Communicate to all clients on progress, results, diagnosis, prognosis, treatment options, and costs involved.
- Ensure that all work is charged appropriately and in line with company policies and not discounted without approval.
- Carry out house visits when required.
- Ensure you comply with your legal obligations in relation to prescription, safekeeping, and supply of veterinary medicinal products.
- Continually support, train and educate Veterinary Nurses and support the reception team with client queries when required.
The salary for this role is up to £55,000 per annum depending on experience.
Grove Lodge Veterinary Group was founded in 1958 and is now part of a larger group; IVC Evidensia. We are in partnership with Vetsnow, who looks after our Out Of Hours Operation on site. We have approximately 100 team members across 7 sites. We are a busy hospital, dealing with 1st Opinions and Referrals. Our specialist services include diagnostic imaging with on-site CT, orthopaedics, cardiology, soft tissue medicine and internal medicine. We are equipped with a fully functional Dental Suite, Endoscopic and Laparoscopic equipment. We also have an on-site laboratory; spacious staff training room and well equipped and comfortable staff break room for that much-needed cup of tea!
We are located in the vibrant seaside town of Worthing on the South Coast. We are in between the beautiful seafront and the stunning South Downs. We have several train stations with links to Gatwick and London, which are less than half an hour away.
About the Team and Culture
We have a wonderful ethos at Grove Lodge, creating a safe and open culture for all of our team. We have 20 Vets and 25 Nurses including our Students. We have a team of VCA's and a Support Team which amounts to approximately another 20 members of staff. We have 2 Certificate Holders with certificates in Medicine, Cardiology, Surgery, and Diagnostic Imaging. We also have visiting Diploma Holders, specialising in Dermatology and Cardiology. We have a team of encouraging, supportive, and exceptionally knowledgeable individuals who are hoping to offer the opportunity for further development to all who join us.
We have as a team, taken part in various activities to support both local and national charities. We raised money for a local Children's Hospice and did "March for March" which raised money for Cancer Research. Our Clinical Directors have also been involved with local schools and judged local Dog Shows.
We require you to be RCVS registered, have experience of small animal and or mixed practice work, and demonstrate a good understanding of the importance of preventative health plans. We ask that you have experience working in an empathetic customer-focused environment and have an element of flexibility. You will need to be an excellent communicator, paired with being a brilliant listener. You will have the ability to prioritise, delegate, and make challenging decisions and be an avid team player and support your colleagues. We need a problem-solving Vet who can effectively manage their time. We need you to be able to remain calm under pressure yet be assertive and patient when required. We ask you to have a positive can-do attitude and be passionate about your work. We will need you to have a driving license and be comfortable travelling between our branches.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you please get in touch. Please quote BH4612 when applying for this role.
Address: 18 Upper Brighton Road, Worthing, West Sussex, United Kingdom