Surgical Intern Required At Frank. Pet Surgeons, Leeds
Up to £31,800pa
Frank. Pet Surgeons, Leeds
Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Surgical Intern to join the team at frank. Pet Surgeons, Leeds.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Two weeks of theatre; supporting surgeons in theatre
- Scrubbed into theatre
2. One week of consults
- During the consult week, you will see pets back following their surgeries. For those requiring follow-up radiographs you will process them through the hospital with support from the RVNs
- Writing referral letters and gaining experience of face to face with clients
- Gain an understanding of what is to be expected for surgery outcomes
3. One week of on-call
- During the weekends in the hospital, you are responsible for inpatient care, communications with referring vets and owners, discharging pets, accepting and admitting emergency cases
- There is a surgeon on-call for support and advice as required
- Support the surgeon, should a pet require imaging/surgery over the weekend
4. 5 days per week when on consult/theatre weeks, Monday to Friday 8am-7pm
5. On-call cover 7 days, however Monday to Friday is on-call from home unless called in. Saturday and Sunday days are at the hospital
This is a full-time, temporary position with a salary of up to £31,800pa.
We are a Specialist-led referral hospital located in Leeds, just off the M621 with easy access from the motorways.
Working alongside 4 Surgeons, we offer fixed pricing and a 6-month surgical complications warranty, setting us apart from other hospitals.
We see a diverse orthopaedic, spinal and soft tissue caseload.
About the Team and Culture
You will form part of our surgical intern team, working alongside 4 Surgeons, 3 other Surgical Interns, 14 RVNs, 5 ACAs and 8 support staff. We have 3 Specialists in Small Animal Surgery and 1 certificate holder.
To be successful in the role, you will ideally have some experience in first opinion practice seeing orthopaedic cases. You must be MRCVS registered.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £2000 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon - our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets gets £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits - reward gateway offering discounts and cashback with 100's of retailers
- Pension - 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH8566 when applying for this role.
Address: Frank. Pet Surgeons, Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom