Veterinary Surgeon Required At Shipley And Idle Veterinary Centre
Up to £60,000 DOE
Shipley And Idle Veterinary Centre
Shipley, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Shipley and Idle Vets are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team. We have a varied caseload, and no two days are the same. We are big on preventative healthcare, high standards of care, great customer service and client continuity. We want to make sure that you have time to follow up on cases and spend more time with your patients, so we run 15-minute consultations. There will be an equal share of consulting and operating.
We can offer flexibility on days and shifts and are happy to discuss.
The salary for this role is up to £60,000 depending on experience.
We have an amazing team, lovely clients and are also based in a fantastic location. We are only 15 minutes by train to central Leeds, yet woodland walks and the Yorkshire Dales are on our doorstep. Work/life balance highly rated! At the practice we see a mixture of routine and preventative work, as well as interesting medical and surgical cases. We provide first opinion care to small animals and work up our cases to the highest standard. We are very proud to also work with a local hedgehog charity.
About the Team and Culture
We offer a friendly and welcoming team environment, where we fully support each other and enjoy our working days together. Our fantastic team is made up of 4 Vet Surgeons, 4 RVN's, SVN's, VCA's and Receptionists.
We are looking for a RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon who demonstrates previous experience in small animal clinical setting. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team are essential for this role. We highly encourage further development and are keen to support your interests and career goals so please do speak to us about these!
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH6555.
Address: 91-93 Manor Lane, Shipley, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom