Veterinary Surgeon Required At Bath Veterinary Group, Chapel Surgery
2 months ago
Up to £65,000 p/a (pro rata) depending on experience.
Bath Veterinary Group, Chapel Surgery
Melksham, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Here at Bath Veterinary Group we are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon with some experience to join our team at our Chapel Surgery in Melksham, Wiltshire. The role will involve carrying out both consultations and operations.
The role is part-time, and we're open to what part-time looks like to you. We can also offer full time hours which would include working a day per week at Rosemary Lodge Hospital in Bath plus 1:8 weekends (day shifts only).
There are no out of hours with this role.
The salary for this role is up to £65,000 p/a (pro rata) depending on experience.
Chapel Surgery in Melksham is situated in a historic market town located in the beautiful rural Wiltshire, just 6 miles south of Chippenham.
We have two consulting rooms, a fully equipped operating theatre and practice laboratory all housed in the beautiful, renovated Chapel surgery. We offer cat-only clinics on Mondays and Thursdays between 2:30-3:30pm.
We are a 1.5 Vet practice with a Registered Veterinary Nurse, a Kennel Assistant, and a Reception team onsite. We pride ourselves on our friendly working environment and our focus on staff wellbeing. The client service at Melksham is rated as outstanding by the RCVS.
Across all branches, we have a team of 43 Veterinary Surgeons, 40 Registered Veterinary Nurses, and Support Staff making 140 employees in total. We actively encourage our staff to develop their skills and knowledge via in-house learning and CPD. Bath Veterinary Referrals is based at Rosemary Lodge Hospital, the team includes both Medicine Clinicians and Surgeons.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,350 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
We really want to hear from you. If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7966.
Address: Forest Road, Melksham, Wiltshire, United Kingdom