2020 VMG CVPM Recipients Announced
Three outstanding veterinary managers have been awarded the Veterinary Management Group’s Certificate in Veterinary Practice Management (CVPM), the industry-standard qualification for individuals working in veterinary management. The successful candidates, who completed their studies during 2020 and passed the examination in November, are:
· Vanessa Austin, Practice Manager at Vets4Pets, Northampton
· Donna Johnson, Clinical Services Manager at The Pet Vet, Barnsley
· Lucinda (Lucy) Wilson, Practice Manager at Equibreed UK, Reading.
The VMG CVPM provides a benchmark for employers seeking veterinary management expertise as holders have demonstrated that they are capable of being dropped into any veterinary practice and performing effectively across a range of key areas. These include strategic management, HR, communications, financial planning and marketing.
Commenting on her achievement, Donna Johnson said: “I decided to undertake the CVPM Certificate to develop my skills in my current management role. It has given me the tools and confidence to provide the support needed to ensure the continued growth of our practices.”
Lucy Wilson said: “I chose to do the CVPM to cement my knowledge of how to run our practice to the best of my ability and to provide the highest level of support to my colleagues. The CVPM resources, syllabus and experience have given me a thorough understanding of my skills and areas to develop. I cannot recommend the experience highly enough.”
Chair of the VMG Certification and Training Committee, Philippa Davies, said: “The CVPM exam tests candidates’ skills in operational management, prioritising, strategy, and thinking on your feet. It’s a gruelling assessment and holders are an elite group. We are delighted to welcome Vanessa, Donna and Lucy and congratulate them on their achievement.”
Two further candidates have now passed three out of four exam sections and will complete their CVPMs in January.
The Veterinary Management Group (VMG) is the professional association for all those in leadership and management roles in the veterinary sector. Its mission is to inspire and empower veterinary leaders and their organisations to learn, share, and grow.
For further information:
Tel: 01449 737281/07974 161108
More from Veterinary Management Group
- Research Reveals Morale Crisis Among Veterinary Receptionists - BVRA and VMG to discuss solutions during free webinar: 2.00-4.00 pm on Wednesday 25 November
- VMG Launches Veterinary Leadership Standards Framework
- Last Call for 2020 CVPM Candidate Entries
- ​VMG and VDS Join Forces to Help Veterinary Staff Deliver ‘Sustainable Change’
- ​VMG Seeks Input to Help Shape its Future Direction