Ceva Announces It Will Be Delisting SPECTAM Scour Halt
Ceva Animal Health has announced that it will be delisting SPECTAM® Scour Halt oral solution 50mg/ml, which has indications for lambs and piglets, from January 2022.
This move follows the reduction in use of veterinary antibiotics for food producing animals, including neonatal lambs and piglets, which was recently demonstrated in the Veterinary Medicines Directorate’s (VMD’s) Veterinary Antimicrobial Resistance and Sales Surveillance UK (UK-VARSS 2020) report, which highlighted a 52% reduction in sales from 2014 levels.
There will be a limited number of units available for the U.K. in early January, however it will not be sufficient to satisfy market demand in 2022. The company, therefore, advises vets to speak to their farming clients about plans to minimise E. coli infections and watery mouth in the upcoming lambing season, as well as advice on alternatives if disease does strike.
For further information, please contact your Ceva territory manager or call the Ceva head office on 01494 781510.
More from Ceva
- Ceva launches oral rehydration therapy online CPD training for RAMA/SQPs
- Ceva bolsters veterinary behaviour range with the launch of FELIWAY® Help!
- Vet professionals encouraged to take part in ‘biggest ever’ feline hypertension survey
- Ceva launches Feline Hypertension Awareness Month
- Test for EAE, before it’s too late!