Colin Buchan Wins Dairy Vet Of The Year
The judges noted his commitment to his profession, his ‘endeavour to get farms to look at prevention and not just fire-fighting as a strategy’ and felt strongly that Colin really cared for his customers, for the animals and for his colleagues at Avondale Vets and beyond.
‘I was delighted just to be nominated for the award,’ says Colin, ‘so to find out I was the winner was a real shock. I owe this to so many people; my colleagues (past and present), my wife and family but especially my clients who I genuinely think are the best in the country.
‘For me, it is their enthusiasm to improve and trust in their vets that drives me forwards each day as a practitioner. All the messages from within IVC and clients have been gratefully received and have been truly humbling.’
The Avondale Vets team share Colin’s excitement too. His fellow clinical director Tim Caldwell says:
‘Colin joined our practice in 2008 as a young mixed vet. He moved happily to farm work in less than a year – a position he has filled very well… All of the staff and many of the farm clients are delighted that Colin’s success has been recognised.’
Huge congratulations to Colin!
More from Independent Vetcare Group
- Calling all Vets in the South West: Join Our Referral CPD Study Day
- Glasgow pet emergency hospital expands its state-of-the-art facilities following £1.5m investment
- Some New Faces at Rushden Vets
- Blankets for Baby Rhinos: Spreading the Word at London Vet Show
- Independent Vetcare Referrals CPD stream goes down a storm at LVS 2018