Rexxolide®, a new powerful respiratory relief product from Dechra Veterinary Products
Dechra Unveils Rexxolide®, New Respiratory Relief For BRD, SRD And Foot Rot Diseases
17th March, 2021 15h33
Dechra Veterinary Products has launched a new respiratory relief product to treat bovine respiratory disease (BRD), swine respiratory disease (SRD) and infectious pododermatitis (foot rot) in sheep.
Rexxolide® contains 100 mg/ml of tulathromycin, which is widely used and trusted when treating BRD and SRD. It also has a single dose and low injection volume of 1 ml/40 kg BW, making it convenient for both user and animal.
The medication has an immune-modulating and anti-inflammatory action and offers equal viscosity and syringability as other products on the market1. It can be used for treatment and metaphylaxis of BRD and SRD and offers early-stage treatment for infectious pododermatitis.
Dechra’s Equine and Food Producing Animal Brand Manager, Emma Jennings said: “Launching Rexxolide® into the market provides an alternative option to existing BRD, SRD and foot rot treatments for farm vets across the UK and Ireland.
“We support an integrated approach to the control of BRD, with good husbandry, early detection and correct therapy being vital tools in managing the multi-factorial condition.”
Rexxolide® is available in 50ml and 100ml vials. For more information visit www.dechra.co.uk.
- Summit aimed at inspiring career clarity and finding your fit!
- National Equine Forum launches equine photography competition to find programme cover star
- Mars Petcare Researchers Develop New Quality of Life Assessment to Evaluate the Wellbeing of Dogs
- NEF calls for unsung equestrians to be honoured
- Novel splint demonstrates reduction in casting complications in dogs in preliminary study