Elanco Animal Health Spots A Great New Way To Give Back!
Elanco Animal Health has announced the launch of a new partnership with the charity Support Dogs – with the first announcement confirming Elanco’s product Advocate will be sponsoring a trainee support dog.
Aptly named Spot, the 2 month old Labrador will begin his training in May to become a life-changing assistance dog. Support Dogs is a national charity that trains assistance dogs for children with autism and adults with epilepsy and disability, enabling them to leader safer, more independent lives.
This new partnership comes as part of Elanco’s ‘ACT Against Lungworm’ campaign which is raising pet owner awareness of lungworm in all parts of the UK, as well as enabling vets to initiate conversations with their clients about the risks of this parasite.
As well as sponsoring Spot, Elanco are also providing all the charity’s support dogs with Advocate, the once-a-month, broad spectrum solution, when prescribed via their veterinary practice.
Chris Daykin, Support Dogs corporate partnerships manager, said: “Routine parasite protection is important to help ensure our dogs remain healthy and can provide the essential support needed by their owners.”
“We are delighted that Elanco are able to offer this level of support, which will be greatly appreciated by our owners. The financial saving has a huge impact on a small charity like ours and is a great help to us during what is a difficult time for many charities.”
Emma Mapletoft, Strategic Account Manager, added “We’re so excited to have our own ACT Against Lungworm puppy, and we can’t wait to watch the puppy develop into a qualified Support Dog for someone who truly needs him.”
“Support dogs devote their lives to protecting their owners, so helping protect them is the least we can do. Here at Elanco we’re dedicated to giving back with our Healthy Purpose Scheme and we felt that the Support Dogs’ charity was a great fit for this partnership.”
Support Dogs works across England, Scotland and Wales and provides all of its services free of charge to its clients.
The charity, which relies solely on voluntary donations and receives no government funding, specialises in three specific programmes:
- Assistance dogs for children with autism, trained to provide safety for the child and reduce stress in social environments.
- Seizure alert dogs for people with epilepsy, trained to provide a 100% reliable warning up to 50 minutes prior to a seizure so their owner has time to find a safe place.
- Assistance dogs for people with physical disabilities such as MS or cerebral palsy, trained to perform tasks specifically tailored to make their owner’ lives easier and more independent.
For more information on Support Dogs and to follow Spot as he begins his training, visit https://www.supportdogs.org.uk/
More from Elanco
- Elanco completes parasiticide portfolio expansion with launch of new CredelioTM Plus, offering vets a parasite treatment for every lifestyle
- Expert discussion reignites advice for tackling vector-borne diseases
- Don’t miss out! Join Elanco this November for Vet Show CPD at Home!
- Vet Nurse Vlog Competition: Can you Take it Fleasy?
- Quiz night – Join Luke Gamble for an evening of “Taking it Fleasy!”