Improve International Announces New Masterclass In Feline Endoscopy
Veterinary CPD specialist Improve International has announced a two-day Masterclass in Feline Endoscopy on 19-20 May 2020. It will take place at Improve’s state-of-the-art wet-lab practical training facility in Sheffield and will be led by Dr Elise Robertson BS BVetMed MACVSc (Feline) DipABVP (Feline) FHEA FRSB MRCVS ABVS.
Highly practical in approach and limited to 12 delegates, the Masterclass will cover both flexible and rigid endoscopy and offer delegates the opportunity to practice techniques under the guidance of Dr Robertson. The learning objectives include:
· The ‘driving skills’ needed for flexible endoscopy, in vivo, to limit the risk of iatrogenic damage to the patient and equipment
· Techniques for obtaining endoscopic biopsies and endoscopic foreign body removal
· Proficiency in J-manoeuvre, pyloric and ileocolic sphincter intubation in the cat
· Approaches to respiratory endoscopy
· The assembly of the endoscopy chain (both flexible and rigid endoscopy)
· The performance of infraorbital nerve blocks.
One of the world’s leading veterinary training companies, Improve International is celebrating its 21st anniversary during 2019. Founded by a team of UK vets, the company has trained more than 20,000 veterinary professionals in 20 countries around the world.
Commenting on the new Feline Endoscopy Masterclass, Mrs Juliet Pope BVSc Cert SAS MRCVS, said: “Virtually every feline medicine case has the potential to be an endoscopy case and, without it, colleagues can hit a ‘diagnostic roadblock’ in which they find themselves simply repeating diagnostic tests; resorting to polypharmacy in an attempt to ‘treat the treatable’ or referring the patient.
“An understanding of endoscopy and the confidence to perform it can help to overcome this roadblock and reach a diagnosis and definitive treatment plan quickly. This is good for practice performance and it’s also good for patients as it ensures a quicker recovery, with reduced pain and fewer complications.“
“We are delighted to be working with Dr Robertson on this Masterclass and look forward to meeting our delegates.”
Part of Benchmark Holdings Plc and based in Swindon, Improve International provides high quality CPD in a range of formats for veterinary surgeons, veterinary nurses, receptionists and practice managers to help them to develop their skills and knowledge, using a combination of review lectures, case-based discussion and where, applicable, hands-on practical sessions. For more information contact Improve International on 01793 759159.
For further information:
Rebecca George, George PR, Tel: 01449 737281/07974 161108
More from Improve International
- Improve International Offers Scholarship for Nurse Certificate in Emergency and Critical Care in Memory of Louise O’Dwyer
- Further Improve International Veterinary Training Programmes Confirmed as Meeting Requirements for Advanced Practitioner Status
- Vets North 2020 Postponed
- ‘Lockdown learning’ offer from Improve International
- Two-year Modular Distance Learning Small Animal Medicine Programme to Start in June