Jurox Launches Jurox Anaesthesia Academy CPD Platform
Jurox (UK) Limited has launched its first online CPD platform as part of the Jurox Anaesthesia Academy, to improve confidence and overall standards in veterinary anaesthesia and support its extensive anaesthesia and analgesia portfolio.
The new Jurox Anaesthesia Academy CPD platform is aimed at veterinary surgeons and nurses to refresh and improve knowledge on premedicating patients and improve induction, maintenance and recovery protocols. The exclusive mini-series course will account for four hours CPD split into six short bite-size sessions, which can be completed on demand, at a veterinary professional’s convenience.
Presented by Dr Dan Cripwell BSc (Hons) BVSc CertAVP PgCert (VPS) MRCVS, Advanced Veterinary Practitioner and senior veterinary technical advisor at Jurox, the sessions consist of:
- Understanding pre-anaesthetic induction – the importance of pre-anaesthetic medication. Examining pre-medicant choice and appropriate selection leading to positive patient outcomes
- Understanding Methadyne – exploring the main clinical features of the widely utilised opioid analgesic methadone
- Understanding Buprelieve – investigating the main clinical features of the widely utilised opioid analgesic buprenorphine
- Understanding AceSedate – examining the main clinical features of the widely utilised anxiolytic and sedative agent acepromazine
- Introduction to Alfaxan – exploring the main clinical features of the widely utilised and versatile injectable anaesthetic agent Alfaxan Multidose including the basic pharmacology of the drug, its clinical use and how to use Alfaxan Multidose to help achieve best results
- Achieving the best results with Alfaxan, cat and dog user guide – discussing simple, yet practical, advice which will help achieve the best clinical outcomes for patients and the veterinary team when using Alfaxan Multidose for the induction of general anaesthesia in dogs and cats.
There is a quiz at the end of each module; the online delegate will be able to download a CPD certificate once the quiz for each module has been completed together with links to further reading materials.
Suzy Ramsay, head of sales and marketing at Jurox (UK) Limited, comments: “We are committed to developing unique and world class anaesthesia and analgesic products and practices within the animal health industry through the provision of up-to-date technical support and education. Our new Jurox Anaesthesia Academy CPD platform will enable veterinary professionals to adopt an evidence-based approach to their anaesthetic product choice and, in turn, help achieve the best possible anaesthetic outcomes for their patients.”
For access to the Jurox Anaesthesia Academy CPD platform visit https://cpd.jurox.co.uk. For further information on Jurox’s extensive range of anaesthesia and analgesia products, please contact your local Jurox account manager, phone 0800 500 3171 or email email@example.com.
More from Jurox (UK) Ltd