*New* Rehab Congress To Launch In 2022
The College of Animal Welfare is set to launch its very first Rehab Congress on Thursday 3rd February 2022.
Rehab Congress is a one day virtual event that will explore rehabilitative therapies and treatments for animals. New for 2022, this congress offers 7 hours of CPD and provides veterinary nurses with the opportunity to develop their understanding of a range of rehabilitation techniques and disciplines. Expert speakers will be sharing their wealth of knowledge and experience in the field, with programme highlights including:
- Chartered Physiotherapist, Fiona Bloom MSc BSc (Hons) MCSP HCPC ACPAT Cat A RAMP reg., from PhysioFi, opening congress with a presentation about the role of physiotherapy in animal rehabilitation and performance optimisation
- Shelby Webster BSc (Hons) from Scott Veterinary Clinic providing an introduction to small animal hydrotherapy
- Hannah Capon MA Vet MB MRCVS, winner of the 2020 RCVS Impact Award and founder of Canine Arthritis Management (CAM), exploring what we can do to prevent canine osteoarthritis; and why this is so important
- Dr Stephen Barabas BSc BVMS MRCVS from VBS Direct, explaining why laser therapy is essential equipment for animal rehabilitation and pain management professionals
- Mathilde Granger DVM, MRCVS, Dip APhys from Vet&Physio Ltd providing an introduction to veterinary acupuncture
Claire Gregory, Short Course and Events Administrator at The College of Animal Welfare, said: “Rehab Congress is the first in a series of new virtual congresses the college is introducing for 2022, and we’re incredibly excited to host a range of new speakers to deliver a fresh and current agenda.” She added: “We’re looking forward to providing an exciting opportunity for veterinary nurses to gain further insight into the field of veterinary rehabilitation.”
Book before 10 December 2021 for an early bird discount
Delegates who book their place before 10 December 2021 can attend Rehab Congress for the discounted early bird price of £125+VAT – saving £60. A full event agenda, and further details about how to book, can be found at www.caw.ac.uk/events/rehab-congress or by calling 01480 422060.
More from The College of Animal Welfare
- Virtual Clinical Coach Congress is back in November, and open for registrations!
- The College of Animal Welfare’s next virtual Head Nurse Congress is taking place on Thursday 16 September 2021, and is now open for registrations!
- Virtual Clinical Coach Congress opens for 2021 registrations!
- Virtual Head Nurse Congress opens for 2021 registrations!
- The College of Animal Welfare launches Veterinary Nurse Training at Willows Veterinary Centre and Referral Service in Solihull