RCVS Knowledge logo
RCVS Knowledge’s New E-learning Platform Offers Free And Flexible Courses For Veterinary Teams
30th March, 2023 14h12
Veterinary charity RCVS Knowledge has launched its new and improved e-learning platform, Learn, making online learning even more accessible for busy veterinary teams.
The content includes material for the entire veterinary team, treating any species, and has been created by veterinary professionals who are experts in their field.
The platform, which is completely free to use, includes courses on Evidence-based Veterinary Medicine (EBVM), Quality Improvement (QI), medication safety and stewardship, and more.
RCVS Knowledge has been providing free online Continuous Professional Development (CPD) courses since 2013, and has recently undergone a comprehensive review of Learn to improve its user experience and update its technology.
Learn now includes more than 30 hours of free CPD and has courses suitable for every member of the practice team. Learning materials comply with the Code of Professional Conduct, RCVS Practice Standards and veterinary legislation, and are updated on a regular basis. The platform will continue to feature new courses including further content on QI and a collection on antibiotic stewardship for equine and companion animal veterinary teams.
Chris Gush, Executive Director at RCVS Knowledge said, “Every day veterinary teams strive to deliver the best care possible. We have developed our Learn platform to help teams deliver high-quality care by providing quick, accessible and flexible learning to help increase the knowledge in practice.
“We are enormously proud of working with veterinary professionals from a range of backgrounds to build the courses on Learn. It is truly learning for veterinary professionals, by veterinary professionals.”
Evangeline Morrison, Pharmacovigilance and Biosecurity Officer at the Scottish SPCA recently completed Managing Veterinary Medicines on Learn and said, “This course is a fantastic resource to guide you through improving medication safety amongst your veterinary team.
“I love that this course is delivered through podcasts too, it’s perfect for those long commutes - and it’s free!”
Access free learning today at learn.rcvsknowledge.org
More from RCVS
- Celebrated pathologist to speak about the challenges of antimicrobial resistance at Royal College Day 2023
- RCVS Academy launches new course to support veterinary professionals dealing with complaints
- RCVS and BVCIS remind professionals and students to complete ground-breaking ‘Disability and Chronic Illness in Veterinary Work and Education’ survey
- Mind Matters reflects on progress and looks to the future with publication of Evaluation and Five-Year Strategy
- RCVS calls on professions to support recruitment of animal owners and keepers for new Public Advisory Group