Royal Canin Announces Healthy Weight Competition Winners
Following an impressive number of entries, Royal Canin announced their six finalists and the overall winner of the 2018 Healthy Weight Competition at an awards ceremony held on Monday 14th January.
The Healthy Weight Competition aims to promote a healthy body shape for cats and dogs and, recognises the hard work of pet owners and Veterinary Nurses for achieving and maintain a pet’s healthy weight.
With a combined weight loss of nearly 51kg, the finalists included both cats and dogs who are healthier and more active following their weight loss journey.
The lucky finalists were awarded with a choice of a pet portrait or pet photo shoot and trophy for the pet owner and £100 shopping vouchers for the Veterinary Nurse.
The finalists for the 2018 Healthy Weight Competition were:
- Coco Perry – A 6-year-old chocolate Labrador, entered by Vet Nurse Anna Wright of Mimram Vets. Coco had a starting weight of 55kg and has lost 10kg to date.
- Ringo Flowers – An 8-year-old Bengal X Siamese, entered by Vet Nurse Katie Hartnoll of the Willows Vet Group. Ringo had a starting weight of 8.9kg, he lost 5.72kg and is now as his ideal weight and shape.
- Max Jones – A 13-year-old Border Collie, entered by Vet Nurse Hazel Campbell of Cater Vets. Max had a starting weight of 45kg and lost 15.9kg.
- Mimi Fyfe – An 8-year-old British Shorthair, also entered by Vet Nurse Katie Hartnoll of the Willows Vet Group. Mimi had a starting weight of 9.82kg and has lost 2kg to date.
- Archie Wooldridge – A 12-year-old Bichon Frise, also entered by Vet Nurse Anna Wright of Mimram Vets. Archie had a starting weight of 12kgs he lost 3.9kg and is now at his ideal weight and shape.
The prize on offer for the overall winner was a £1000 holiday voucher and trophy for the pet owner and Vet Nurse, as well as a £500 J.A.K Marketing Ltd Voucher for the Vet Practice. Scooping the top prize was Vet Nurse Anna Wright from Mimram Vets with her entry Archie Wooldridge.
Mrs Wooldridge, Archie’s owner, said: “Since meeting Anna at DogFest last July, Archie has lost 4kg and has now reached his target weight. He has so much more energy and is always making us run after him on walks. It’s like having a puppy again when in reality he’s 12 years old!”
Commenting on the competition, Caroline Burke, Weight Management Specialist at Royal Canin said: “We have seen some astounding weight loss journeys during this year’s competition, with our six winners losing an average of 33% of their body weight.
“Royal Canin is committed to supporting veterinary practices across the UK and Ireland with weight management programmes and specifically formulated diets and we look forward to seeing all six finalists’ continued journeys to a healthier lifestyle.”
More from Royal Canin
- Ensure a successful pill intake in 91% of cases* using new Pill Assist Cat from Royal Canin
- Global Veterinary Career Summit – exploring careers in a post COVID world
- Free webinar: Preparing females for pregnancy - 10 June at 8.00pm
- Royal Canin duo leads dramatic husky rescue for Crufts-winning breeder
- Royal Canin UK and Ireland appoints new Ireland Market Head