Want To Improve Your Anaesthesia? Visit Alfaxans Informative New Website
Jurox (UK) Limited has launched an informative new website to support its popular anaesthetic for cats and dogs, Alfaxan, which is now also licenced for the induction of anaesthesia in pet rabbits.
The new website - www.alfaxan.co.uk - contains a wide range of information on Alfaxan including user experiences, sections on best practice anaesthesia, webinars and details of Jurox’s anaesthesia roadshows.
Jurox takes great pride in its investment in educational initiatives to help raise anaesthesia and analgesia standards in veterinary practices throughout the UK and the webinars are the latest educational tool available to help. The webinars include a presentation on ‘Getting the most out of Alfaxan’ covering what Alfaxan is and how to use it to achieve the best anaesthetic experience for the patient and a series of short online webinars on rabbit anaesthesia:
- Rabbits are different – how rabbits differ in relation to anaesthesia compared to cats and dogs
- Considerations when booking in and admitting rabbits – ensuring an optimal outcome for your rabbit patients starts at the time of making the appointment
- Pre-anaesthetic planning and induction - how important pre-anaesthetic planning is in rabbits and best practice induction
- Considerations for supporting anaesthetised patients - maintaining anaesthesia in the rabbit is not as straightforward as often thought. This presentation goes through the best way to support rabbits during maintenance
- Considerations when recovering and discharging rabbits - recovery is considered to be one of the most critical stages of anaesthesia -particularly in the rabbit. Find out why and what to do in this short presentation.
An online CPD certificate will be issued to veterinary professionals who have viewed each webinar, after they have taken a short online questionnaire.
The Alfaxan website also features helpful downloadable resources such as the hugely popular new ‘Considerations for Anaesthetising Rabbits’ expert panel guidelines booklet, AVA Anaesthetic Safety Checklist Implemenation manual, AVA Anaesthetic Safety Checklist and Alfaxan resource guides, user guides, dose charts and monitoring charts.
In addition to the new Alfaxan website, Jurox further supports its clients with educational initiatives such as in-clinic discussions about practice protocols, lunch and learn meetings and CPD events.
Richard Beckwith, country manager of Jurox (UK) Ltd, says: “Our new Alfaxan website is an educational hub that enables veterinary professionals to learn more about best practice anaesthesia and how this can be implementated in their own clinics. With Alfaxan’s new pet rabbit indication we have included an emphasis on rabbit anaesthesia and how this differs from anaesthesia in cats and dogs.”
For further information on Alfaxan or how Jurox can help with your anaesthesia and analgesia protocols visit www.alfaxan.co.uk, contact your local Jurox technical sales representative, telephone the customer services team on 0800 500 3171 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More from Jurox (UK) Ltd