Zoetis Launches CircoMax® Myco To Deliver Broader Coverage Against PCV2
Zoetis has announced the launch of CircoMax® Myco, in the European Union. It is the first, and only, vaccine that includes two porcine circovirus type 2 (PCV2) genotypes (a & b), providing broader coverage against PCV2 and longest-lasting combined protection against two of the main pathogens in the global pig industry, PCV2 and Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae.
The new product is designed to stimulate both cell-mediated and antibody-based immunity, providing a broad immune response that mimics a natural infection. CircoMax® Myco has demonstrated robust performance in field conditions, delivering improvements in average daily gain (ADG) and close-out weights versus negative controls, helping producers get more kilograms of pork to market.
CircoMax® Myco comes in an easy to administer, ready to use single-dose combination with a duration of immunity (DOI) of 23 weeks against both PCV2 and M. hyopneumoniae. It is made with the MetaStim® adjuvant and has a demonstrated safety profile as described in the summary of product’s characteristics (SPC).
“The swine industry needs to adapt to evolving challenges and our research has consistently demonstrated that with its unique technology CircoMax® Myco offers robust protection against PCV2 and M. hyopneumoniae. It also shows that this new product offers the best chance at protection against continuously evolving PCV2 genotypes – providing a broader umbrella for pig health and productivity,” said Alvaro Aldaz, Director, Global Commercial Development, Swine, Zoetis. “Analysis of new European PCV2 strains isolated in multiple countries confirm that CircoMax® Myco offers broader coverage than competitor vaccines based on PCV2a only.”
Monica Balasch, Director, Global Biologicals, Zoetis, said: “We believe that we need to be able to adapt to, and stay one step ahead of, evolving PCV2 genotypes. Our new vaccine, CircoMax® Myco, offers high levels of efficacy, convenience and proven safety. This piglet vaccine, similar to other Zoetis products such as Suvaxyn PRRS MLV, will offer a robust long-lasting protection for healthy piglets against advancing threats.”
More from Zoetis
- Zoetis Adds Digital Cytology Testing To VETSCAN IMAGYST™, Its All-In-One Diagnostics Technology Platform
- Exclusive Video Series with Mary King and Ros Canter in Conversation on HorseDialog
- Zoetis sponsors educational campaign supporting cat owners. The campaign provides training and resources to make it easier to bring cats into the clinic for health screening
- Zoetis A.L.P.H.A. Initiative Improves Livestock Health and Farmers’ Livelihoods in Sub-Saharan Africa with 1.7 Billion Doses of Vaccines and Medicines Administered in Four Years
- Zoetis to host Equine Dental CPD Webinar with leading Specialists