Zoetis Launches New Online Learning Academy For Veterinary Professionals
London, UK – June 23, 2020 – Zoetis Inc. today announced the launch of the Zoetis Learning Academy - a multi-species portal for all vets and vet nurses to complete free CPD https://learn-uk.zoetis.com .There are six equine courses within the Academy, including two important sessions on equine herpes virus (EHV), which are part of Zoetis’ online education portfolio aimed at helping to combat the threat of this common infectious respiratory disease.
The Zoetis Learning Academy contains a total of 65 free CPD courses, with the six equine topics covering:
· Equine Herpes Viruses: Time to think outside the classification box - Professor Josh Slater (20 Min)
· Equine Herpes Viruses - Dr Wendy Talbot (40 Min)
· Principles of sustainable worm control in adult horses (90 Min)
· Spring & Summer Worming (45 Min)
· Autumn & Winter Worming (45 Min)
· Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome (60 Min)
The EHV CPD content was compiled in response to a survey on EHV conducted by Zoetis last year, the results of which revealed that both vets and owners wanted more educational and awareness information on EHV to be made readily available.1,2
Zoetis equine product manager, Penny McCann said: “Given the recent cases of EHV-1 in the UK, it is very timely to be able to launch the Zoetis Learning Academy. It gives vets direct access to high quality CPD, to help them keep their knowledge of all aspects of this serious equine health risk up-to-date, together with essential information on other key equine healthcare topics.”
The Zoetis Online Learning Academy can be accessed here: https://learn-uk.zoetis.com
Visit www.horsedialog.co.uk for a wide range of client-focused information on disease risks, vaccination, equine health and wellbeing.
For further information please contact your Zoetis Account Manager or Zoetis UK at customersupportUK@zoetis.com or 0845 300 8034 choosing option 3.
1. Data on File, March Equine Herpes Virus Horse Owner Survey 2019, Zoetis Inc
2. Data on File, March Equine Herpes Virus Vet Survey 2019, Zoetis Inc
More from Zoetis
- Zoetis Adds Stablelab Hand-held Diagnostic Test to its Equine Portfolio
- Zoetis A.L.P.H.A. Initiative Accelerates Sustainable Livestock Production and Improves Livelihoods for Farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Zoetis Launches Simparica Trio Once-monthly Combination Canine Antiparasitic in Europe
- Zoetis Launches the First Oral Vaccine for Dogs in Europe
- HorseDialog Sponsors Current Eventing World Champion Ros Canter