Equine Joint Ultrasound - A 2-Day Practical Course
VetPD - Veterinary Professional Development
Duration: 2 hour(s)
This two-day practical course was designed to provide veterinarians from mixed or equine practice with the theoretical and especially the practical skills to competently examine every single joint of the equine front- and hindlimb ultrasonographically. A panel of international experts who have dedicated a significant proportion of their careers to musculoskeletal ultrasonography are involved with this course. The first day will focus on ultrasonography of the frontlimb and on the second day the hindlimb will be covered. The following highly illustrated lectures (in English, no translation but with Dutch moderation) will be held in the mornings: How to get the most out of your ultrasound machineUltrasonographic anatomy and conditions of the Foot & PasternFetlock & Digital Flexor Tendon SheathCarpus & Carpal SheathElbow & Shoulder JointTarsus, Tarsal Bursae & SheathStifle JointHip Joint & PelvisBetween both afternoons, 7 hours of small group sessions (2 4 attendees / ultrasound machine) will give attendees plenty of opportunity to put theory into practice on live horses under the supervision of the specialists. There will furthermore be plenty of time for discussions and each attendee will rotate through the following practical stations:Heel Bulb & Pastern Fetlock & Digital Flexor Tendon Sheath Carpus & Carpal Sheath Tarsus, Tarsal Bursae & Sheath Stifle JointHip & Shoulder Joint The course fee includes lunches at a restaurant, coffee/tea breaks, a wine & cheese reception, extensive course notes and a certificate of attendance. Attendees can choose to only attend the lectures (= Lectures Only) on this course or can register for the entire course (= Lectures & Practical Sessions). Early course registration is recommended as there are only a limited number of places available due to the highly practical nature of this course.
Who is it for?
Vets Vet Students
Roger SmithMA, VetMB, PhD, DEO, Dipl.ECVSMR, Dipl.ECVS, FRCVSAndy Fiske-JacksonBVSc, MVetMed, FHEA, Dipl.ECVS, MRCVSHenk van der Veen DVM, Cert.ISELP
Lingehoeve Diergeneeskunde PaardenUtrecht, Netherlands
Number of CPD hours this event can be recorded as
Registration and Booking
More from VetPD - Veterinary Professional Development
- Equine Ultrasound-Guided Orthopaedic Injection Techniques & Therapies A 2-Day Practical Course
- Orthopaedic Radiography & Comparative Imaging for Advanced Practitioners
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation of the Equine Athlete & Rehabilitation for Equine Neck, Back & Sacroiliac Conditions (Axial Skeleton) Lectures (online), On-Location Case-Discussions & Practical Session
- Rehabilitation for Lower Limb Tendon & Ligament Conditions Lectures (online), On-Location Case-Discussions & Practical Sessions
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound for Equine Practitioners Lectures (provided online) & On-Location Practical Sessions